Get ready to see Toadstool Tua on Sundays | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get ready to see Toadstool Tua on Sundays

WIth modern materials it would seem a thin shell could cover those shock absorbing panels, to more resemble the Welker helmet of a few years back. Then Tua could have an oversized logo.

All jokes aside, having this helmet available could really help Tua. I think he bulked up too much last year to protect himself from injuries and it definitely hurt his mobility. It looks like he has been working to drop weight and get more mobile this year. Would be some insurance for him that he could drop the weight and still protect his long term health.

If a QB wants to wear that.......imagine it made in team colors with the logo on it. Once someone shows some interest, a lot of creativity will go into trying to make these looks as good as possible.....

The_Great_Gazoo.png

I did read one news item that suggested there are new helmet models available for players this year that are just as effective as the Guardian caps for head protection.

If true, that, as well as players just being set in their ways, makes me think we won’t be seeing many guys wearing them, if any.

I really don’t care how they look or if you can see a logo or not. If they actually help to reduce concussions, every player should use them. Hopefully after his concussion issues in 2022, Tua will be the first Dolphin to put it on his helmet and never take it off.

For those that do decide to wear them, team logos and striping will be put on them. It will look like ass, but there has been a 50% reduction in head injuries at OTA's and training camp over the past few years. I don't see how anyone would blame anyone who wants to wear one, but hey, I guess having a good look is more important to some. 🤷‍♂️

If a QB wants to wear that.......imagine it made in team colors with the logo on it. Once someone shows some interest, a lot of creativity will go into trying to make these looks as good as possible.....
Mahomes will probably be first up, he already wears the goofy helmet and gives 0 fvcks what people think. Nor should he.

Back
Top Bottom