Getting Pressure on Brady: Not as difficult as some may think... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting Pressure on Brady: Not as difficult as some may think...

WISfinfan13

Enter at your own risk...
Reaction score
Now I know alot of people were worried about our lack of pass rush last week against the Jets. But it seemed to me that the Dolphins game plan on Defense was to focus on the run and make Sanchez beat us with his arm. Unfortunately, the plan backfired and Sanchez had a nice game.

This week against the Pats I think Nolan gets back to his creativity on Defense and designs some more blitz packages knowing the Patriots struggle running the ball. I expect the Dfense to get at least 3 sacks and Wake will consistently get hits on Brady. This will put more pressure on our DBs, but I think they will be up for the challenge and the Dolphins will win this game.

On Offense I think the Dolphins are going to come out with a run heavy attack. But I expect them to get Marshall involved early as well. After the unfair criticism he took this week he will be hungry and expect some big Run after the catches from him. I think Henne throws at least two touchdowns and believe at least one of them will be to Marshall probably both. I also expect Ronnie to have a solid game. The coaching staff has limited his carries, because they know they need him healthy for the stretch run. But I think the CS also knows this is an important game and will try to get Ronnie 20 touches.

Brady has been sacked twice in 3 games. covering wes and TE who are both his hot reads will be key.

Avg running team 13th in the league .

I have little faith for this team to get pressure on ANYBODY, let alone Tom Brady. Jason Taylor was the only guy to really seem to give Brady nightmares in our games against him, and he is in Miami no longer (because he's a classless treacherous scumbag). It's the primary reason i have very little faith we can beat the Patriots this evening, i just can't see us stopping their pass attack and we obviously can't keep up in a shootout. That being said Brady has been erratic at times this year, if the Patriots make their own mistakes DUE to SOME KIND of Dolphins pressure. We can win. Especially if we can find a way to cause these mistakes on THIRD downs (which at times - 36% of the time actually - We've struggled to do).

Brady has been sacked twice in 3 games. covering wes and TE who are both his hot reads will be key.

Avg running team 13th in the league .

Getting sacks isnt the only stat when it comes to getting pressure. I expect someone to be in Brady's grill all day Nolan will make sure of it. The Jets were getting pressure on Brady all day, even tho they only got one sack, the pressure forced Brady into a lost fumble and two INTs.

Back
Top Bottom