Ginn and Brown.... Why should we trade them? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn and Brown.... Why should we trade them?

sensation24

Miami Dolphins # 1
Reaction score
I agree. I dont know why so many people are hell bent on trading these guys. Especially with the addition of Marshall that makes this whole team better across the board. I was talking to a buddy of mine last night just saying how Vontae and Sean Smith are going to be better b/c they are gonna practice up against Marshall every day.

I'm not necessarily for trading Ronnie Brown although if we get a 2nd, I'm not sure we can pass that up (him being an UFA next year and the un-liklihood of our FO re-signing a 29/30 year old RB).

We really need to stop with the "Ted Ginn needs to stay" posts. I've heard everything from "he is our only playmaker" to "at least he's a good KR". We just signed a playmaker. That was a large reason we made the trade. We need chunk yardage from our skill position players and the guys we had last year that were supposed to do that, weren't able to accomplish it (sans 1 play against the Jets). As for the KR statements, he is only a good KR if he is untouched (noticed I said good and not great). He can't break tackles let alone recover from someone catching a little jersey. I don't think it's worth keeping a 6th WR on the roster just b/c he's a good KR, especially if we can get a draft pick in return for him.

This guy could not cut it in single coverage last year, why do we think he will make a difference this year. Ted Ginn WAS NOT DOUBLE COVERED A WHOLE LOT LAST YEAR. He can not get off the line without getting jammed and unless our offensive line is going to give Henne 10 seconds to throw the ball, Ginn will always have a hard time getting open. We need to move on guys, I just struggle to see why this guy gets so much support.

Yes, he had good games against the Jets, but do his supporters only watch Jets / Dolphins games?

Did anyone see the lack of production in the other 14 games?

Did anyone see how he dropped a pass in the endzone for the win against the Colts or how he tipped the ball in the air so Sharper would have an easy play on the INT against the Saints (the 2 Super Bowl teams)?

Did anyone see how he was invisible in about 40% of our games last year?

Did anyone see how the coaching staff benched him and started Cam, Hartline, and Bess over him for a # of games?

Either you didn't watch these games or you forgot (I'm assuming it's the latter), and if you did just forgot hopefully this is a friendly reminder.

With the addition of B Marshal our offense opens up a lot. With a true threat at Wr the Def. will be adjusting how they run against our Offense. Ginn is an excellent return man who adds speed to our Wr corps. This team and its fans have been desperate for depth at Qb and Wr for years and now that we have it we will trade it all away?

Brown is an excellent running back for 8 games each season and with Ricky we have the best tandem in the NFL. Yes he is injury prone but when you are only going to get a 3rd or 4th for a starter why trade.

Our team finally has a handfull of play makers on Offense and the team wants to trade them off for an unproven rookie. We have plenty of picks to pick up talent. The second round pick will not be missed. Bill Parcels has the ability to find talent in later rounds.

B Marsh - 4th rnd
JT- 6th
Zach - 5th

We are set! After we get a FS in round 1 we can add depth to the defense and o line

Back
Top Bottom