Ginn leads Dolphins past Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn leads Dolphins past Bills

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Ted Ginn Jr.'s career in Miami began with boos, and it took 18 months for him to silence the critics.

A draft bust no more, Ginn made seven catches Sunday for a career-high 175 yards, and the Dolphins overcame a nine-point third-quarter deficit to beat Buffalo 25-16.

With Ginn's first 100-yard game, he made by far his biggest impact since Miami's much-mocked decision to take him with the ninth overall pick last year. Fans at a draft party booed when the selection was announced, and he has heard plenty of criticism since.

"I just let all that go past my head," Ginn said. "As long as the people on my team love me and want me to get better, the other stuff doesn't matter."

Like Ginn, the Dolphins these days are all about erasing labels: They're no longer lousy. Miami (3-4) tripled its win total from last season under the new Bill Parcells regime, and broke a four-game losing streak against Buffalo.

"We needed this win," said Dolphins cornerback Andre Goodman, part of a defense that shut out the Bills over the final 25 minutes. "We didn't want to go to 2-5, and the season is over before the halfway point."

The Bills (5-2) lost for the second time in three games and fell into a tie with New England atop the AFC East. They committed four turnovers, all in the fourth quarter to squash any comeback chances.

"It's a game that's very disappointing," coach Dick Jauron said. "We just gave up too many big plays and turned the ball over. You do that in the NFL and your odds of winning are not good."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/474918.html

I'm not sure he shut them all up today but he sure earned his money today.I will give credit were it is due.Only seen one miscue with him and chad today.

Ginn had one heck of a day but to say he is now worthy of being picked #9. I don't think so. He has 0 TD catches this year. He only had 2 last year.

Ginn had a great day, I'm not saying otherwise... but he needs to prove he can be consistently good to prove his worth as the #9 pick in the draft.

Personally I think he will. Most rookie receivers take about three years to truly 'break out.' He's got the skills, the speed and the desire... and he's got time on his side too. I don't see anyone on the team giving up on him, so i don't see why we shouldn't come to expect this type of performance from him on a somewhat regular basis in the not-too-distant future.

Having a guy with Ginn's skillset will go a long way toward keeping defenses honest... and we know what that will mean for ricky and ronnie... exciting times to be a dolfan!

Back
Top Bottom