Given Defensive Player of the Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Given Defensive Player of the Week

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My boy, Brendan Given, continues to impress in NFL Europe. Here's the latest on his play over there.......

Miami Dolphins allocated linebacker Brenden Givan was named the NFL Europe League’s Defensive Player of the Week for week 10 games.

In Berlin’s 41-0 victory over Frankfurt last week, Givan forced a fumble with Frankfurt at the Berlin one-yard line. He alertly scooped up the loose ball and raced 98 yards for a touchdown, the longest fumble return in NFLEL history. He also registered a team-high four tackles, as he concluded the regular season with a team-high 70 stops.

This guy is going to help us. He is big, tall, fast, and strong. He's a tackling machine and a good Special Teams player.

I think we're in good shape at LB.

Well I hope so. But I'm not sold on any NFLE player due to level of competition and well they play ten games and thats a lot of games to play and still have something left to play THIS season. I would look for Givan to be one of the last cuts and hopefully can be placed on the PS along with Derrick Pope. If we were to carry 7 LB's it would be Pope not Givan. With Seau probably playing his last season and with Greenwood becoming a FA its not out of he question that Givan could be battling for spot next year.

here is the PR link: http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3299

here are 3 other NFLE Phins that made big conributions

WR Carl Morris – Cologne
Played in all ten games, including eight starts . . . Caught 35 passes for 530 yards and four touchdowns . . . Was second on the team and eighth in the league in receptions . . . Was first on the club in receiving yards and second in touchdowns, and finished fifth in the league in receiving yards.

CB Alphonso Roundtree – Scotland
Played in all ten games and started nine . . . Tallied 43 tackles, two interceptions, 11 passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles . . . Also fielded six punts for 36 yards.

QB Clint Stoerner - Amsterdam
Started all ten games . . . Completed 147 of 259 passes (56.8%) for 1,788 yards with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions . . . Also rushed for 123 yards on 23 attempts.

Back
Top Bottom