Glass half full perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glass half full perspective

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
I'm sitting here looking at the Fins schedule last year and if you really take a look at things. we just had 0 luck.
Matt Moore was the best thing to happen to this team last year. Take out his 1st start against the Jets...

Loses to the Broncos in the most bizarre way. Easily could've been a win.

Should've won the following week against the Super Bowl champs. Defense let us down at the end.

Blew out the Chiefs who were looking real good at that point. Had a strong D and Moore lit them up.

Solid victory against a mediocre Redskins team.

Destroyed the Bills who at the time were a hot and cold team.

Thanksgiving game made me sick. Defense let us down again. One point loss!

Destroyed the Raiders.

No excuse against the Eagles, but hey every team has one of those games

Nice W versus Bills

Pats game. We were up 17-NOTHING at the Half. Ughhhh.

Close victory against a division rival. 2 point win over the Jets.

We could've EASILY had victories (and should've) against the Broncos, Gmen, and Cowboys. Only really had one bad loss vs the Eagles.

9-2 in our last 11 games. Thats what should've happened and yes I obviously and saying that with Dolphin glasses on but we had crap luck and couldn't close out games. Throw in the Browns game too. Ugh.

G-men always play down to the level of competition and have trouble covering point spreads against poor teams. I handicap and that has been a long trend with them which I've made alot of money off of. Hell, they lost straight up at home to Seattle and it wasn't that close. And many other examples last season. If the Dolphins played the playoff version of the Giants, or when they get up for the better teams when they take a game alot more seriously, the Giants would beat the Dolphins by 30 pts minimum. It would be a total laugher

So people who say the dolphins almost beat the Giants are myopic at best, because when it counted in the 4th and the Giants turned it up a notch the dolphins looked like the crap they are, and were toast,

dolphins also got wins they could have lost. Funny you don't mention those.

Moreover, this is a very overrated defense by miami fans (or at least the blind pom-pom cheerleader types we see around here),. This defense consistently gets creamed and torched against playoff caliber offenses (and good QB's), they only look decent against bottom of the barrel offenses led by 3rd string caliber QB's pumping their defensive team stats. Hell, even garbage QB's like Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow go roughshod on this overrated defense in critical 4th quarters. And of course, can't create turnovers.

This defense falls apart under any type (or signs) of pressure.

People who love to cling to this defense thinking it's Top 6 or Top 10 caliber make me laugh. Against playoff offenses in a playoff game setting they would get splattered, just as they did week one when NE got a record for passing yards against this defense, all the way to the last week when they turned it up a notch in the 2nd half & miami's D was instantly toast, and it was like running a hot knife through butter on that overrated defense. This defense playing a playoff game would get bowled over against any good offense and QB.

This is a team that lost to the Cleveland Browns twice in the last 2 seasons. The Browns - That is the level of this team.

Bottom line. This is a very poorly constructed team, that also greatly lacks any real true leadership within it's roster, a roster filled with plugs and slugs and very few players that are actual difference makers. A bunch of jokers. A very mediocre to below mediocre team full of holes. No identity to speak of. It had zero to do with having any luck

That's reality. You can try demeaning yourself and lying to yourself if you wish. Have fun with that. I won't stop you

G-men always play down to the level of competition and have trouble covering point spreads against poor teams. I handicap and that has been a long trend with them which I've made alot of money off of. Hell, they lost straight up at home to Seattle and it wasn't that close. And many other examples last season. If the Dolphins played the playoff version of the Giants, or when they get up for the better teams when they take a game alot more seriously, the Giants would beat the Dolphins by 30 pts minimum. It would be a total laugher

So people who say the dolphins almost beat the Giants are myopic at best, because when it counted in the 4th and the Giants turned it up a notch the dolphins looked like the crap they are, and were toast,

Moreover, this is a very overrated defense by miami fans (or at least the blind pom-pom cheerleader types we see around here),. This defense consistently gets creamed and torched against playoff caliber offenses (and good QB's), they only look decent against bottom of the barrel offenses led by 3rd string caliber QB's pumping their defensive team stats. Hell, even garbage QB's like Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow go roughshod on this overrated defense in critical 4th quarters. And of course, can't create turnovers.

People who love to cling to this defense thinking it's Top 6 or Top 10 caliber make me laugh. Against playoff offenses in a playoff game setting they would get splattered, just as they did week one when NE got a record for passing yards against this defense, all the way to the last week when they turned it up a notch in the 2nd half & miami's D was instantly toast, and it was like running a hot knife through butter on that overrated defense. This defense playing a playoff game would get bowled over against any good offense and QB.

This is a team that lost to the Cleveland Browns twice in the last 2 seasons. The Browns - That is the level of this team.

Bottom line. This is a very poorly constructed team, that also greatly lacks any real true leadership within it's roster, a roster filled with plugs and slugs and very few players that are actual difference makers. A bunch of jokers. A very mediocre to below mediocre team full of holes. No identity to speak of. It had zero to do with having any luck

That's reality. You can try demeaning yourself and lying to yourself if you wish. Have fun with that. I won't stop you

..and then there's the other view! So people who see something good about this team are demeaning themselves and "myopic"? Interesting. Glad I'm not all doom and gloom to this extent. You just sound angry about everything about this team. Try lightening up a bit and not squashing on everyone who has a positive view on this team for once. :rolleyes2:

OP: I love your enthusiasm, and i've been telling myself the same things for the last 8 years. We're almost there. Greyboy, while somewhat on the pessimistic side, has a less distorted view of the team than you do. They aren't good. There is a reason they keep losing close ones, giving up leads in the 4th quarter etc, and finishing the season with losing records. They haven't been a good team. Perhaps it was the coaching and this year will be different. That is my hope.

GO PHINS~!

Wow easy man, this type of attitude is what kills teams. I helped coach Denville Post 390 to three NJ State American Legion Baseball Championships over the past 5 years and your type of mentality will destroy a team and a fan base. I have seen all types of coaches come and go and any with your type of attitude are black balled and forced out. There is now way you could ever motivate your players to want perform for you by putting them down and insulting them especially high school kids . We have 230 teams in NJ and we would not let any be coached with this attitude. Now that's reality...

The glass has been half full for years. After a while you start to wonder if it will ever be full and doubt that it will be until proven wrong.

Don't mind if the glass is half-full.......as long as it's bourbon :)

I find every year the fins have those "should have won games" but good teams don't have those, they win by at least 10 points. Games that are decided by 7 points or less are random, those kind of games can go ether way. Teams like the Packers, Saints, Pats win out, they dont win by 3-7 points.

Back
Top Bottom