God, can we stop this insanity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

God, can we stop this insanity

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Everyday I hear how we are going to try to trade out of our spot in the draft. That would be OK if we are moving down and picking up additional picks, but the "so-called" experts say we are moving up and unloading a bunch of picks to do it. First, it was Cleveland that was going to trade us the #4 pick for our #8 and various other picks for compensation. Now, it is St. Louis that is going to pilfer picks from us just to ensure we do not lose out on Tannehill. Listen Tannehill is a good prospect and he seems to have what it takes to make it in the league, but he is not the end-all, be-all.

If we make this trade, we will be dealing with Rick Speilman. Yes, the guy that systematically gutted this team of talent. If we are dumb enough to deal with that Bozo then we deserve what we get.

Every year there are QBs that can come in and play in the NFL. I am not willing to screw up the entire draft so I can get this year's flavor-of-the-month. Believe it or not, Matt Moore can be a good QB if we put more weapons and protection around him. Do I think he is going to be the savior of the franchise or the second coming of Dan Marino? No. But he is capable and we do not have to lose all reason when it comes to the draft.

Next year, the draft has Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, and Tyler Wilson as top prospects in the draft and I am sure some more will emerge. Let's not be short-sighted in the short-term and screw our long term success. Have we not done that enough over the last 15yrs.?:rant:

Not saying I think we should trade up, but you need to get your guy if you are confident in him. You can always say look at next years QB class, but you never know what is going to happen with that. Guys will emerge guys will fall, and people who we think are franchise guys now will get evaluated in depth and their flaws will emerge. Not to mention we probably wont be bad enough to be picking in the top 5 next year to get a guy like Barkley. If the Fins think Tannehill is their guy, and they need to take him. People arent going to care in 3 years what we may or may not have traded to get Tannehill, they will only care if he turned out to be good or not.

This illustrates what is driving me crazy. You would think that Mayock, LaCanfora, etc. were on the payroll of whoever is representing Tannehill. Really, we can not improve the team if we do not draft him? Do not get me wrong if he is there at 8, I have no problem choosing him. But please, dear God, do not give the farm up for him.

Mayock on Dolphins, Tannehill: `You miss that one this whole regime is gone'
“Let’s face it, he played wide receiver at a high level in college.,” Mayock said. “He only has 19 starts. I think he’s a year away at least from becoming a good prductive NFL quarterback. However, what you’re trying to do right now under a new regime is kind of grow that offense because your defense was pretty darn good a year ago.”

“So how do you grow the offense? And if you think Tannehill can grow into that guy you have to do everything you can to go get him. I really don’t care what it costs, you have to go get him.”
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mayock-dolphins-tannehill-rose-20120411,0,6743469.story

100% agree DK.

If we take Tannehill at #8 im happy, if we trade down and miss on Tannehill im happy, but if we trade up ill be devestated!

I cannot see Ireland trading up or drafting Tannehill at #8l. Ireland could be the most stubborn, bloody minded GM in football, who has stated that his board is made up before the combine 'as the players are not playing football'. Tannehill was widely considered a low 1st, high 2nd pick, not long ago and IMO judging Irelands history, he usually picks before draft FA to fill certain 'needs' then drafts 1st round pick with the intention to start.......IMO we are either drafting Riley Reiff/David DeCastro.

DK or mods, you should delete the above post.

I agree with the OP. Trading up in this draft would be just plain stupid and out of character for Fireland.
I would like to see us take TRich, Fleener, Tannehill, or Keuchly with the #8 pick. A nice assortment of talent. Ireland can't screw that up..can he?

Back
Top Bottom