Going against Jags Offense vs Giants Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going against Jags Offense vs Giants Offense

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have seen a few posts that are indicating that Jags Offense is more explosive and/or better than Giants Offense.

I think the Giants are not only more explosive but are proven and have more balance and talent especially at the skill positions -

Qb - Giants - Collins over Leftwich (may be good in the future but is a rookie right now).
WR - Giants - Toomer and Hilliard over J. Smith and T. Edward/M. Hatchette
TE - Giants - Shockey over Brady (I think Brady)
RB - Jags - F. Taylor (when healthy) over T. Barber but is a close call.

Actually I am impressed with our D holding them to 10 points in their house and Giants also coming off of a bye with J. Fassel game planning over 2 weeks.

Don't underestimate Jimmy Smith. Also Leftwitch > Pennington and Pennington beat us.

Sherif,

I think I am in the majority that Leftwich at this point (as good as he may become one day) is clearly not better than the Pennington we played last year.

Originally posted by DolphinVJ
I have seen a few posts that are indicating that Jags Offense is more explosive and/or better than Giants Offense.

I think the Giants are not only more explosive but are proven and have more balance and talent especially at the skill positions -

Qb - Giants - Collins over Leftwich (may be good in the future but is a rookie right now).
WR - Giants - Toomer and Hilliard over J. Smith and T. Edward/M. Hatchette
TE - Giants - Shockey over Brady (I think Brady)
RB - Jags - F. Taylor (when healthy) over T. Barber but is a close call.

Actually I am impressed with our D holding them to 10 points in their house and Giants also coming off of a bye with J. Fassel game planning over 2 weeks.

The difference between the two teams IMO is that the Giants use the deep ball a lot more.

Brady is more of a run blocker than Shockey so he can create a lot of room for Taylor to run. That's where I'm concerned because Bowens isn't healthy and Seau won't play.

And Smith has been a top 10 (if not top 5) receiver since he has been with them. As for Leftwich I haven't seen the guy play so I have no opinion about the guy.

I think DolphinV breakes it down pretty well, though I disagree with your overall summary.

In short, I think NYG had MORE weapons that had to be accounted for than Jax, but I think Smith and (a healthy) Taylor are more dangerous than anything comparable on the Giants' squad. So, I guess the upside is there aren't so many ways the Jags can beat you. The downside is the weapons they do have are more dangerous.

Pennington....?

Whuh... Pennington is a great young qb and I'd take him in a heartbeat over Fiedler... but he didn't beat us last year. He barely moved that offense. Remember we lost at the hands of Lucas to the Jets and an ineffective offense, so don't get it twisted, our defense gave Pennington trouble.

Back on topic, I'll take Shockey over Brady any day. Brady is on his way down. Fred taylor is more explosive than Barber, but he is injury prone. giants have better reciveng corps and Smith is along the line of a Moulds, which we shut down. Leftwich is great, but he's still a rookie and he'll make some rookie mistakes.

there is no comparison between the 2002 Jints O - the best in the NFC - and the Jags O. The Jints OL took some major hits that make their pass protection questionable making it harder to get to Toomer deep this year. Jax's OL ( http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=jax ) is even worse than the Jints so we s/b able to put lots of pressure on a pocket passer like Leftwich. I see TOs if they try to go down the field.

I am more worried about Fred Taylor running and catching w/o Tim Bo and Jr

Uhh..Pennington had his worst game yardage wise that year, and the offense barely moved. They got their only touchdown when they got the ball on our 5 yardline.

How can you claim Gary Coleman is better then Pennington after he's played two NFL games..One he completely sucked in, one he looked good in?

Jimmy Smith is a fantastic WR, but Miami has shut down 2 of the best WR's in the league the past 2 weeks.. Eric Moulds and Amani Toomer

The Giants offense has many options on offense and that's why even though Miami shut down Toomer and Tiki Barber for the most part, Hilliard and Shockey were there to make some plays and move the chains.. The Jaguars don't have a Shockey or Gonzalez at TE nor do they have a 2nd WR like Hilliard who is very dependable..

Jaguars don't have the supporting cast of Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor to move the ball consistently on Miami like the Giants did and that's why I expect Miami to be dominant again this game on defense..

Of course, this is all relying on the fact that Miami's fire is burning the same as the last 2 games..

Troy Edwards is our new #2 receiver to complement Jimmy S.
Only played 2 games :
6 catches 150 yds , 2 td's one of them 84 yds.

Leftwich might be better than you think , and Fred started all 16 games last year ( finally no injuries :D )

Originally posted by Cat-of-nine
Leftwich might be better than you think , and Fred started all 16 games last year ( finally no injuries :D )

And Leftwich might NOT be as good as YOU keep spewing !!!!

:lol: "F Taylor started all 16 games last season" ?? Prove that statement ***** cat fan !!!

And even if Taylor DID start all 16 games,,, he probably only finished 5 or 6 games at that ....:rolleyes:

:nono:

:pirate:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom