Going to my first Dolphins game at age 44 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going to my first Dolphins game at age 44

One thing I highly recommend is to NOT spend time fetching beer during the game. You can easily miss half a quarter up there on line, etc. Do your drinking pre and post game / buy beer from the vendors coming around the seats. I have missed big plays while standing on the beer line - it's not worth it. Try to be in your seat for every play. Enjoy!

I would strongly recommend making you own tailgate; you can get creative if budget is an issue. You should be able to borrow most anything you need from friends/neighbors where you live, the key is to plan ahead and start working on gathering your supplies as soon as possible. You will be surprised what you can come up with if you ask around.

Yeah, bring as much **** down as possible!

That's fantastic. You had to be only 4 years old when you saw that Csonka image. It was from a game early in his career. Fortunately he came back to the Dolphins briefly when you were 6.

I would have plenty of specific advice in the Coliseum. Given the soccer venue the only tips would be generic -- plan ahead and make sure to extend the day as long as possible. Obviously the more time you devote the greater likelihood of meeting interesting people and seeing memorable things. If there's a chance to be bold...take it. They can only say no.

And BTW, I really appreciate someone who is willing to admit he has an older car. Virtually anyone else would have either adjusted the year or left out the year completely. Well done. As a value type I can't believe anyone buys new cars. By far the greatest car buying advice I ever heard was this: Never own a car in the decade of its birth.

Represent us Dolphin fans well, treat the Charger fans with respect so you don't get into trouble, be gracious in victory, post lots of pictures here of before and after the game and HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

So, I've been a FH member since 2004, and been a Dolphins fan since 1977. I saw Larry Csonka on tv as a kid with blood all over his jersey and claimed my team from that moment on.

This year, at the Chargers (I live in Sacramento, CA), I will be attending my first ever Dolphins game. My good friend of many years, who is also an avid member FH and Fin Fan, is meeting my wife and I in L.A.

We will be getting to the stadium as early as allowed.

For those of you that know the tricks and nuances to getting the most out of a game experience, I am asking about the things you've truly enjoyed and the things you learned not to do (besides the obvious).

We've been planning a game trip for 15 years. It's finally happening.

I appreciate all levels of advice and gameday experiences.

Note: If you troll my thread, I will make a voodoo doll of your mother-in-law and surround her with suitcases and your address. :)

Thank you fellow Dolphins fans!View attachment 9539 View attachment 9539

That's awesome man! I will never forget my first game '91 at New England and we won 20-10. Just soak it all in man, walk around and check out all the pregame stuff, and get in early to see warm ups. With that stadium we will be close to the action. I'm jealous as you just don't get such an intimate NFL expierience these days.

That's fantastic. You had to be only 4 years old when you saw that Csonka image. It was from a game early in his career. Fortunately he came back to the Dolphins briefly when you were 6.

I would have plenty of specific advice in the Coliseum. Given the soccer venue the only tips would be generic -- plan ahead and make sure to extend the day as long as possible. Obviously the more time you devote the greater likelihood of meeting interesting people and seeing memorable things. If there's a chance to be bold...take it. They can only say no.

And BTW, I really appreciate someone who is willing to admit he has an older car. Virtually anyone else would have either adjusted the year or left out the year completely. Well done. As a value type I can't believe anyone buys new cars. By far the greatest car buying advice I ever heard was this: Never own a car in the decade of its birth.

It was my Grandma's car, and she passed away last year. 50K original miles.

20170819_095444.jpg

That's awesome man! I will never forget my first game '91 at New England and we won 20-10. Just soak it all in man, walk around and check out all the pregame stuff, and get in early to see warm ups. With that stadium we will be close to the action. I'm jealous as you just don't get such an intimate NFL expierience these days.

Yeah my buddy that's going with us says it will be much better because of the smaller venue.

Update! Got the tickets!View attachment 9574

Looking forward to that wknd, buddy. A little over $200 for a ticket 7 rows from the field. Not too bad. I told ya I paid $400+ for Seachickens/Giants tix a couple yrs ago that were 15 rows up. You will be amazed at the speed of the game watching it in person, especially that close. I can't wait to see the look on your face, man!

Back
Top Bottom