Good News, We are Superbowl Bound! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News, We are Superbowl Bound!

allred65

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
In light of all the negative spin that shows up around here I found a very interesting article projecting the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Thoughts?

"The toughest stretch of the season will be Weeks 11-17. After a bye in Week 10, Miami makes back-to-back trips to the left coast to play the Seahawks and Niners before playing host to the Bills, traveling to Denver, then hosting the Pats and Browns before wrapping up the regular season at Baltimore.

If the Dolphins survive that stretch at no worse than 5-2, they should be in position to make the short run up I-95 to Jacksonville's ALLTEL Stadium, site of Super Bowl XXXIX -- and win the AFC's second consecutive title to keep the two-out-of-three streak alive."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/05/20/doping.the.afc/index.html

One more quote from the article finally giving Randy M. some props!!

"Miami's offense is in good shape (the cross-your-fingers O-line overhaul not withstanding), especially if David Boston escapes the funk he's been in the past two seasons. If the line holds up, Ricky Williams can be counted on for 1,800 yards -- or more. But the breakout performer may be tight end Randy McMichael, who doesn't get the hype of Jeremy Shockey, but is equally as talented."

love the optimisim but theres a thread already started, good news and old news as well :lol:

CirclingWagons said:
already been posted man ;)

they apparently don't drug test over at SI

My bad, I just did a quick scan of the current posts.

Remember all those publications picking Miami as the pre-season favorite to win the AFC East and representing the AFC in the SB the past several years only for us to bow out early or not even making the playoffs? Thats one big reason why everyone kept saying that we were overrated. I would rather have nothing published about us even though we have been the top news team lately. Its almost like the John Madden curse of being on the cover of his new game every year - it brings us bad luck!

Back
Top Bottom