Good News, We are Superbowl Bound! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News, We are Superbowl Bound!

It is certian that Miami has just as much a shot at winning it all as all the teams in the leauge at this point.

Incorrect

allred65 said:
In light of all the negative spin that shows up around here I found a very interesting article projecting the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Thoughts?

"The toughest stretch of the season will be Weeks 11-17. After a bye in Week 10, Miami makes back-to-back trips to the left coast to play the Seahawks and Niners before playing host to the Bills, traveling to Denver, then hosting the Pats and Browns before wrapping up the regular season at Baltimore.

If the Dolphins survive that stretch at no worse than 5-2, they should be in position to make the short run up I-95 to Jacksonville's ALLTEL Stadium, site of Super Bowl XXXIX -- and win the AFC's second consecutive title to keep the two-out-of-three streak alive."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/05/20/doping.the.afc/index.html

They're not making back to back trips to the left coast. They requested and was granted permission by the NFL to make one trip out west for both games.

CirclingWagons said:
I know you are but what am I :goof:

Wow, great come back CW, I see the quick oneliners are still in you.

:D

Hasn't Miami been projected to win it for the past 3 years now.

First, they were gonna win cuz they got RW.

Then, they were gonna win because RW was gonna have even a better season than the one before, and they got Seau, and got Knight.

And now they have Boston.

It just seems to me that for the past 3 years they keep making big splashes in free agency that is supposedly gonna get them over the hump, and they don't even make the playoffs.

I'm not talking crap, because the Bills have their own problems and making the playoffs or ever the super bowl will be a hard fought battle. But recent trends show that the unexpected teams that have talent usually go there rather than the publically determined team. And that team has been Miami for the past few years.

I don't see things changing this year.

True, there's always one team who surprises the league and goes far every year. Those teams have missed the playoffs the year before, have a very good defense, and a solid offense. Hey, that team could potentially be Buffalo this year :D

Back
Top Bottom