Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope?

This I agree with. If anyone wants to start crowing about how they claimed he was too much of a medical risk all along, then go for it, although premature if you ask me. Anyone using this news to crow about his talent not being up to snuff needs to check themselves.

I said from the door, I didn't want Swope. His running style is a mess and didn't see more than a slot WR. We have one of those. If we drafted a WR, he needed to be a 6'4" big wr that can help in the red zone. Besides that fact he is white, WRs like Swope are not hard to find.

I was also a big proponent of drafting swope, but I disagree that the swope love was mislead. He had great chemistry with Tanny and could play the slot very well. I cannot stand when people say, "all you guys that wanted swope were wrong" that's just arrogant. We liked a guy in the draft and it turns out he has issues. A lot of us didnt know about them. It's easy to say we were wrong now, but st least we have the balls to admit it.

And yet, Gronkowski's issues coming out were health related, and here we are, with Gronk having a very worrying offseason health-wise so far. I wonder, supposing Gronk is never himself again -which is a possibility-, is his short brilliant career worth the 2nd round draft pick? Just please don't answer "no, cause they didn't win the super bowl", cause following that logic, spending a first on Marino was a wasted pick.

Gronkowski would have been a top fifteen pick were it not for those health issues. Aside from that, we didn't draft ANY TEs in the deepest TE draft in recent memory, which included passing on Jimmy Graham as well.

Concussions are the new ACLs.

With all the liability concerned, I see that type of injury over regulated.

You are right...once they changed the rating scale for concussions we have seen more and more focus on them. What was once getting your bell rung is now a stage one concussion. However, as a person who is on number 8 I can tell you that some of the effects of them can suck. I wish Swope the best as a person but am glad as an organization we passed.

Ryan Swope | ARZ (June 21, 2013 9:46 PM EDT) Coach Bruce Arians conceded after minicamp the Cardinals never anticipated sixth-round pick Ryan Swope's concussion issues to linger throughout OTAs.

Swope didn't take a single practice rep in the spring. "We were very, very, very surprised about it," Arians said. "I'm not sure what he can do, I'm not sure what the doctors are going to do at this point. I hope ... because the kid is a great talent, and it would be a shame. But having Austin Collie last year, go through this same thing, it's scary." Arians acknowledged that he is genuinely "worried" about Swope's medical situation. Swope may have to redshirt his first year.

SOURCE: NFL.COM
:bobdole:

Swope just retired.

Gutted for him, if he didn't have the concussions he would have been a star - and a Dolphin.

But life is more important that sports/money he made the right decision

Back
Top Bottom