Good win today. Nice job PLAYERS. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good win today. Nice job PLAYERS.

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Let me think about something other than how furious I am with Sparano for a moment and talk about a HUGE phins WIN for a minute. This was a must win if there ever was one in game one of a season. A ROAD DIVISIONAL game is big. This was against the team we have to sweep if we are going to get to 4 divisional wins and have a shot to take this bad boy down this year.

So nice job phins. You did well. Way to come up big at the end too. Nothing worse than losing games at the end when you have lead all day.

Let me address a few concerns real quick though.

1) Henne - Ya had all day to throw bro. Gotta perform better than this. Plain and simple. We won today, but this isnt the kind of performance that will get us a W on most weeks in this league. We arent contenders if Henne plays this way. Gotta hit those big TD passes when they are there. Yea, Marshall dropped that ball and he shouldve caught it anyway, but if Henne throws that well its an easy TD. We set that move up so well too. You dont get opportunities like that on every drive.

2) Can anyone play WR other than Marshall and Bess? Henne had all day to throw, so Im not sure you guys were getting open. I know Marshall is commanding respect on one side. Where were the rest of you?

3) What was wrong with last years OL? Didnt we finish 4th in the league in rushing even with Brown going down? Is this new set of guys on the interior any good? Blast some people please. 3 yards in a cloud of dust wont cut it anymore in this league.

Let me talk about some positives...........

Brandon Marshall is a ****ing animal out there. WOW. What a player. Big. FAST. Athletic. Great hands. The total package. Nobody can really stop him.

Ronnie Brown is a ****ing beast. Nice to see Ronnie back in there powering through *******.

Nice job by the punter there at the end of the game. Way to come through in the clutch.

Nice job front 7. You dominated the Bills all ****ing day.....as you shouldve. I wont get carried away with the D yet, because Buffalo's OL is pathetic, but they got the job done today. We will know more about this defense as the season goes on and they get some real tests, but nothing to complain about today. They got the job done. And they certainly showed potential.

The secondary did pretty well today as well, but the front 7 was all over the Bills run game and Edwards in the pocket thanks to Buffalo's OL. So I wont pretend we are gold all of the sudden in the secondary either. But, good job today. Even J.Allen only got beat once or twice and luckily he wasnt called for that pass interference on that deep ball where he held the receivers arm.

Finally, Dan Carpenter......get a ****ing haircut dude. Please. You dont want to look like Bobby Carpenter. You may start playing like him.

LETS GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha I agree with the Dan Carpenter comment. Little disapointed in Carpenter today. There was a few miscues on his part.

good points. this was as big of a win as there can be in week 1, with our upcoming 7 games.

for the first time in a while i can actually say i enjoy watching this defense. very agressive right from that start.

cam wake is a ****in beast. the guy is the real thing. loved the way he played today. he seemed to be getting held a lot but he was still effective.

karlos dansby is what i expected. a game changing player. although he didnt create a turnover or anything, he had some big tackles, read the plays well, and had a beautiful sack in the first series. the guy is going to be great for us.

the secondary today gets a ****in a. aside from that one botched play(which couldve been big} they played great. Jason Allen and Vontae Davis wore on lock down. u wouldn't even have known lee evans was still playing,

yerimiah bell , i love the enthusiasm this guy brings to the table. the guy makes play after play, and i feel he is one of the more underrated safeties in the league.

as for the offense. henne has got to make decisions quicker. i think he can be a real good one, but i feel like in the 2nd half it was the same thing over again. part of that may have to do with dan henning. this guy has to go. i dont want people saying dont be negative even when we win. well i am as positive a person as there is on this board, and im not even being negative. i just think henning is holding us back.

enough with the wildcat. it was good in 08, it was ok last year, but i mean seriously. doing it once or twice a game, ok. but i dont like when we r in a rhythm and we ruin it by going to the wildcat.

ronnie and ricky r both more than capable of running up the middle in base formation. i understand the wildcat is a regular formation and its not a gimmick, its a type of running formation, but i would like to run more out of the base formation because i feel it would be better for us.

brandon marshall, i mean what else is there to say. aside from that one drop bc he was underthrown, he is a ****in BEAST. It feels good to have a real number 1 for once.

up next we got the vikes. i feel a lot more confident about this game now after seeing Nolans defense. i feel it will be close, but hopefully henne can take advantage of a depleted secondary of the vikes.

imagine starting 2-0 heading into the home opener vs the jets. that d be priceless. lets do this boys.

Back
Top Bottom