Gordykrs Offseason Plan ..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gordykrs Offseason Plan .....

Gordykr

Falkirk PhinFan
Reaction score
OK here goes ....

resign - J.Long (3 years/30 mill) , S.Smith (4/20) , R.Bush (2/10) , C.Clemons (3/6) , R.Starks (3/18)

Free Agents - A Levitre - Guard (4 years /22 mill) , G Jennings - WR (3/27)

Draft -

1/ Barkeviuos Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU, 6-4 , 250
2/ Robert Woods, WR, USC, 6-1 , 190
2/ Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon St, 6-0 , 182
3/ Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia, 6-0 , 218
3/ Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia, 5-10 , 195
4/ Travis Kelcie, TE, Cincinnati, 6-5 , 260
5/ Kevin Reddick, ILB, Norh Carolina, 6-2 , 246
7/ Eric Martin, DE, Nebraska, 6-2 , 250
7/ Blaize Foltz, OG, TCU, 6-3 , 329

OK here goes ....

resign - J.Long (3 years/30 mill) , S.Smith (4/20) , R.Bush (2/10) , C.Clemons (3/6) , R.Starks (3/18)

Draft -

I like it, but I would do more with TE. I'm not comfortable with only Kelcie and Clay

I like it, but I would do more with TE. I'm not comfortable with only Kelcie and Clay

I agree. It'd be nice to retain Fasano as a blanket at TE. I know the guy isn't that seem stretcher but he is a damn fine TE from the rounded aspect of it, he does everything good.

OK here goes ....

Draft -

I wouldnt resign Long. Levite is going to want alot more money then that. closer to 30 mil. would rather spend the money from long for either a TE or CB in FA. then draft Allen or Patterson. a CB or passrusher in the 2nd with another WR like woods or hunter in the second. TE and OT in the 3rd and ill be happy.

I like it also but Jennings just finished a 3/27 mill contract and obviously wants more and Levitre just watched Carl Nicks get 5/47 mill from Tampa last year, so good luck with that idea lol..but those are the two free agents I want also...or Dereck Cox

Im going to be pretty salty if we dont draft a reciever with our first pick, I think Allen would be an awsome fit for out offense. Its our most glaring need, even if we get someone in FA. Every team in the playoff's has 2 or more threats that can catch the ball (TE or WR). Although Hartline had an awesome year (for him anyways).....he doesnt break tackles, has no presence in the red zone, doesnt score, and isnt a real "playmaker."

I would also be salty if Long gets 10mil. I would love to keep him, but it has to be at the right price. His play has declined every year along with his health. 10mil is too much.....especially if he is injured again next season.

I like it but i would rather let clemons walk, and resign fasano. Also don't think Bailey's there either our 3b, i want Patterson and Bailey in the first 2 rnds and sign a rusher in f/a.

OK here goes ....

Draft -

Long...$10 million
Smith...$5 million
Bush...$5 million
Clemons...$2 million
Starks...$6 million
Levitre....$5.5 million(not happening at that price)
Jennings...$9 million

$42.5 million with $7 million for draft picks
$49.5 million total

You still need to sign or replace free agents
Murtha,Garner,Amaya,Barker,Brown,Culver,
Fasano,Feinga,Mastrud,McCann,McDaniel,Spitler,Stanford,
Marlon Moore,Matt Moore,Devlin

That's 16 players who will need to get payed or their replacements
Even if you pay an average of $500k to all those players add another
$8 million to the previous total of $49.5 million bringing you to $57.5 million

I also believe that the numbers you have for both Levitre and Jennings are very low
you might want to add another $5 million for both over your estimate

Which would bring you up to around $62.5 million or way over what we will have available

OK here goes ....

Draft -

I like the approach. Obviously, you still see the value of keeping Long while not having to use an early pick on one. Replace Mingo with Ansah and I agree more. Not sure Poyer makes it that far but our two picks in the second are only ten picks away but I think if you really want Poyer you lock him up at the first 2nd rounder. Even if we lost woods in there for the second, there are other WR's who would fit later on or at that pick.

I actually like the TE Kelcie from Cincy. I watched him playing vs. Syracuse (home team). He has an attitude in a good way. Tough. good size. Dont know much about the last 3 but apparently you put some thought into some reality. Like the position selection and Stedman Bailey is a scoring machine. Does it all IMO even though he is shorter. Dont think he lasts till 3rd round. Wait until combines and he has better tape than anyone out there IMO. Watching him in the bowl game vs. Syracuse they obviously turned to him to make some things happen when down. He ran screens, slants, and went deep. That just about does it for me. So in reality, replace woods at second 2nd with Bailey and get Swope at Bailey's spot and you have yourself a nice friggin draft bro! I would do absolute cartwheels.

Long...$10 million
Smith...$5 million
Bush...$5 million
Clemons...$2 million
Starks...$6 million
Levitre....$5.5 million(not happening at that price)
Jennings...$9 million

$42.5 million with $7 million for draft picks
$49.5 million total

You still need to sign or replace free agents
Murtha,Garner,Amaya,Barker,Brown,Culver,
Fasano,Feinga,Mastrud,McCann,McDaniel,Spitler,Stanford,
Marlon Moore,Matt Moore,Devlin

That's 16 players who will need to get payed or their replacements
Even if you pay an average of $500k to all those players add another
$8 million to the previous total of $49.5 million bringing you to $57.5 million

I also believe that the numbers you have for both Levitre and Jennings are very low
you might want to add another $5 million for both over your estimate

Which would bring you up to around $62.5 million or way over what we will have available

You make good points. Its definitely a tight rope act. I think we will eventually have to leave some guys hanging (Long is the big one, you let him walk and your relying heavily on Yeatman/Garner). If Clemmons gets resigned it wil probably be for more and we might not get a Safety in this draft, which would be a shame. If Sean Smith wants more than 5 mil he can walk. Find two CB's in this draft, going back to Safety again being left out. I think Ireland wants Patterson, Mcmann, and Standford back with the last two at the cheap. Seriously thinking Smith ends up walking.

Don't like the approach.

Last season, once all of the League realized that HARTLINE was as close as we had for a deep threat, it was downhill for us offensively. We saw all of them crowding the l/o/s, and a lot of "8-In-The-Box". It's a testimonial to the team that we did as well as we did. And i/m/o, it won't take much for us to get A LOT better.

First and foremost, MIAMI needs an established "burner" WR. That means WALLACE, or it'll be "deja vu all over again". JENNINGS or BOWE would be "icing on the cake", but WALLACE is the cake itself. Nothing against JENNINGS or BOWE: but MIAMI MUST be able to stretch the field. And rookies usually take time to develop into pro WRs anyway! So, get an established deep threat WR, and take a "flyer" on a rookie deep threat WR w/a late Draft Pick. I'm sick of losing seasons.

Second, WAKE needs help. He gets double/triple teamed almost every play, w/a little "holding" thrown in for good measure. That would be almost impossible w/another pass-rushing threat. AVRIL's the only one we can be sure of, i/m/o, but he may be too much OLB and not enough DE. I can't say for sure. And he'll cost a ton of money. I'd go DE/OLB pass-rusher w/my first 2 Draft Picks...and a third ("flyer") in the 4th or 5th Round.

Third, and as we just saw, NO QB does well under extreme pressure. That's true for both MANNINGS, for A RODGERS, for "MATTY ICE", and also for TOMMY Boy. And it's true for TANNEHILL too. So we need to go after a solid G...maybe 2...in the Draft and F/A. I prefer F/A. LEVITRE's the logical F/A choice, and the one most discussed. But he's not the only one in F/A, i/m/o: there are a couple more possibilities. But since he's probably "top dog", make him our 3rd F/A target. Then kick JERRY out to RT, where he belongs, put INCOGNITO at RG where HE belongs, and let GARNER continue to do what he does best: back up C, LG, RG, and RT. He has shown that he can play all 4 of those positions pretty well: the only OL position that he DIDN'T DO WELL AT was LT. Hopefully, we can find a pretty solid Rookie LT, either in the Draft or the late cuts. If so, MIAMI's OL could quickly turn into a definite strength.

Fourth, look for CBs. My preference is the Draft, because even mediocre established CBs get big bucks in F/A, and as we've seen, they are rarely worth what they get. MIAMI should be looking for at least 2 new CBs, in addition to re-signing SMITH. And either cut WILSON or develop him as a S (my preference). He just isn't good enough to be a CB. I'd spend at least 2 of our Draft Picks on CBs.

Fifth, save about $5 Million extra "cap" $$$ specifically for the "final cut". I/m/o, that's where you usually find that "Aging veteran w/some gas left in his tank, who still wants to play football". A veteran CB or OLman, for example, would be VERY welcome.

That's all for now. If I think of anything better or anything else, "I'll be back".

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here goes ....

Draft -

My issue with bringing back Long at $10M and Levitre at $6-$7M is that Pouncy will also soon be due a big raise. We can have a lot of money tied into an OL and hamper our ability to sign other players.

I'm not paying Long $10 mill. I'm putting that towards Levitre, D. Keller, and the rest of our small FA's

Back
Top Bottom