Great Leonard Henry Interview. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Leonard Henry Interview.

phinatics.com: What is your favorite football memory?
Leonard Henry: Wow. My favorite football memory was scoring a touchdown in Tampa in pre-season last year. That was my mom’s dream --- seeing me playing in the NFL and seeing me score a touchdown . That was bigger than me getting drafted. My mom passed away a year and six months ago. That was her dream, and to do it was big. It is the biggest thing I will ever accomplish in football. Whether it's money, Super Bowl, or anything like that -- it was that touchdown, man.

I like this one :)

phinatics.com: What is your favorite football memory?
Leonard Henry: Wow. My favorite football memory was scoring a touchdown in Tampa in pre-season last year. That was my mom’s dream --- seeing me playing in the NFL and seeing me score a touchdown . That was bigger than me getting drafted. My mom passed away a year and six months ago. That was her dream, and to do it was big. It is the biggest thing I will ever accomplish in football. Whether it's money, Super Bowl, or anything like that -- it was that touchdown, man.

You have to love reading quotes like that, makes you really pull for the guy. I wish him the best of luck getting healthy and having a productive season.

Last year, the Dolphins had 4 running backs and 5 recievers, and then at one time, had 6 recievers.
Williams, Minor, Henry, Rogers.
Chambers, Mcnight, Thompson, Tolver, Simmons, and at one time Newsome.

The point being, we can carry 4 backs, because a lot of us are high on the rookie from Iowa, and I want to see him make the team, but guys like Henry are a must have. I don't know if you remember when he was on our practice squad, and the Cardinals offered him a contract for the active roster, and he declined, saying he was indebted to how the Dolphins handled his situation with his mom. He is Williams back up in 05. Big Fan.

Phinsdude said:
The point being, we can carry 4 backs, because a lot of us are high on the rookie from Iowa, and I want to see him make the team, but guys like Henry are a must have. I don't know if you remember when he was on our practice squad, and the Cardinals offered him a contract for the active roster, and he declined, saying he was indebted to how the Dolphins handled his situation with his mom. He is Williams back up in 05. Big Fan.

I did not know he turned a contract down with the cardinals..he really seems like a great guy and I hope he can help the team out this year

Yup he is defintitly one of my fav players, even though he probably wont get much playing time. I met his dad when I went down to Miami for a game. He was a real down to earth person too. Big guy.

Thanks for posting...great interview and Henry seems like a truly great guy with a very mature outlook on life. Too bad the DBs of the league dont have the same attitude as this kid. I also did not know about the Cards offer, talk about character.

He's a Class Act all the way! God, Family then Football that' s how it should be.

Back
Top Bottom