Great Offseason Part II | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Offseason Part II

Y-TownPhinVet

35 years and counting
Reaction score
I think the negative stuff needs a break. :shakeno: In my original post "Great Offseason" I wrote about the media and the curse they put on the Fins each year, as well as Norv moving on. :D Here's some reasons why I believe the Fins will be a better team this year.

1. New coaches and offensive coordinator. I feel that Jerry Sullivan is the key here. He demands that the receivers run exact routes, unlike previous years. This is important to the QB and how well they play. Timing will be much better, throwing to a spot will produce more completions. Plus, the QB will actually use the progression to find the open man. This will make Jay or AJ better and more effective.

2. David Boston! His presence will be an impact from day one. With Chambers on one side and DB on the other, the 8 and 9 men in the box that defenses were playing would kill them. Boston may be the answer to the offensive woes,, and Ricky could run wild.

3. O-line changes! If the coaches and FO didn't think they had enough talent to field a better unit, the change would not have occured. This seems to be a big question mark, especially with the media. Thats why I like this change, the media is uncertain, so is our competition!! :D Boston helps this unit out as well, as the line won't have to account for so many defenders in the box.

4. Quarterback competition! Who ever starts will be the best one for the job. See paragraphs 1,2 and 3 and hopefully everyone will see that the changes will only help. Better route running, better timing and less people for the o-line to account for means more time for the QB to read the defense and get the ball to a receiver, who is running an exact route.

5. Ricky!! He is still a premier running back just entering his prime. Many comments have been made by his teammates about him being the best athlete on the team :cool: . If all the above stands true, Ricky could eclipse 2000 yds and 25 TDs, while not having to carry the offense.

6. Since there are so many ??????? about everything by the media and fans, imagine being the defensive coordinator for the Titans! Or any other opponent for that matter. These points could cause alot of problems :cool:

7. Defense. With or without O-gun, still a top five Defense. They have added players that are proven, and drafted some good ones as well.

8. Special teams will be much improved, the draft class will be a big plus in this area.

9. The emphasis on the 5 yard chuck rule will kill New England's scheme. I'm surprised the Colts didn't file rape charges against the Pats DBs in last years playoffs. They will struggle defensively, forced to play by the rules!!!

Hope these thoughts spread some hope for this season, I'm excited and can't wait. Dolphins Rule! :D :D

Good post man, I agree with you 100%,

I;m sick of people saying that this was a crappy offseason, becasue it wasn't. :up:

Good Job :cooldude:

Gary Miles said:
I think the negative stuff needs a break. :shakeno: In my original post "Great Offseason" I wrote about the media and the curse they put on the Fins each year, as well as Norv moving on. :D Here's some reasons why I believe the Fins will be a better team this year.

6. Since there are so many ??????? about everything by the media and fans, imagine being the defensive coordinator for the Titans! Or any other opponent for that matter. These points could cause alot of problems :cool:

7. Defense. With or without O-gun, still a top five Defense. They have added players that are proven, and drafted some good ones as well.

I'd have to only agree with you 90% on your good post. While we have DE's that are proven. A Taylor/Ogunleye combo on defense is just as lethal as a Ogden/Roaf combination on offensive line. Yes, you can replace one of them and still be productive, but if we're really going to make a run for the Super Bowl, we need both, healthy and active.

On your other point (Titans), I'm really glad we play them week 1, always our strength in week 1 (disregard Houston game last year and think of Denver games a few years ago). Meeting them in week 1 gives us the advantage and should help us come tiebreaker time for playoff bye this year.

im starting to think for the de dituation that having jay williams will be all around better for run support, allowing the junior to blitz

good positive post.......

it has been a very long off season with not alot of great news.....

an exciting pre season could fire us all up..................................

All these threads have been bringing me down.....excellent post, about time we see some optimism around here....keep em comin'

You have to believe that once the pads come on and ootball begins agin all will feel better.

:0wned: :0wned: I say we sweep the patsies and go deep into the playoffs if not the big dance.

Great post. One more point, Three of the offensive linemen we released are still out there. If the coaches/FO felt that they are better than what we have now, they would have resigned them (even as backup). So I do think that our current OL will be better than last year.

Atfin4life said:
Great post. One more point, Three of the offensive linemen we released are still out there. If the coaches/FO felt that they are better than what we have now, they would have resigned them (even as backup). So I do think that our current OL will be better than last year.

Never thought of that, Good point. :hi5:

Nice post.However I must point out that the new 5 yrd chuck rule is called the "Dolphin rule " for a reason. Our DBs like to get in the face of the WRs and "chuck" them out of their stride so get ready for a lot of flags coming our way this year.The Pats dont use it as much.

I, too, enjoy the optimism and share it as well. Your #6 point regarding defensive game planning. I would think that, at the outset, any coordinator will have to plan to stop RW, as usual. Until we prove to them that we are no longer one dimensional, they would be foolish to change up. What will be interesting is whether or not our game plan, and players, will finally make them pay for such a strategy.

Back
Top Bottom