Great Wannstedt QUOTE....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Wannstedt QUOTE.......

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Dave W::::::"It's amazing, because the defensive coaches scream like crazy about stripping the ball," Wannstedt said. "We work at it, and for some guys it's a natural thing. ... You don't coach that. I want more guys I don't have to coach."

Well, don't make the playoffs in 2004 and you won't have to worry about having guys you don't have to coach! LOL

That is a pretty weak comment by Wanny. It doesn't say much about his desire to teach and motivate players. He should be excited about the opportunity to mold a player into something more than he would've been without his tutoring. He is the antithesis of Bill Parcells. I just hope it won't matter....that the talent will be good enough...wishful thinking?

i think he was referring to someone's instincts......you can't teach that.....don't take it out of context is all.

MikeO said:
Dave W::::::"It's amazing, because the defensive coaches scream like crazy about stripping the ball," Wannstedt said. "We work at it, and for some guys it's a natural thing. ... You don't coach that. I want more guys I don't have to coach."

Well, don't make the playoffs in 2004 and you won't have to worry about having guys you don't have to coach! LOL
:roflmao: .............thats funny......Hey Dave, guess what?......The players wish they had a head coach who could coach.

He was talking about Will Poole and the tremendous instincts he's showing. Poole stripped Derrius Thompson, then he stripped Minor from behind and recovered the fumble.

If you read the entire quote posted above, it's fine.

It was just a Wannyan slip.Weve heard them before.

You guys are tough! Like it or not, he's our coach this year. It seems as if so many of us wouldn't mind sabotaging the season so that Wannstedt goes. Do I think he's the best coach in the league? No! Do I think he's the worst? No! Do I think he sounds and looks stupid in the media at times? Without a doubt! I previously posted how it's ironic that we all hate Wannstedt and want him out because he hasn't gotten the team into the playoffs in 2 years but Bill Cowher just got an extension and he hasn't made the playoffs in 4 out of the last 5 years and I know they love him in Pittsburgh!!

Classic Wanny... what a dufus. He should publish a book: "5,937 Things I Should Think, But Not Say..." By, Dave Wannstedt.

As I have said many times in the past, and will continue to say this year, if we actually do manage to do well this season, it will be in spite of Wanny, not because of him.

Wow what lengths we will go to to bash Wanny? He says he wants more guys with natural instincts and inherent knowledge that he doesnt have to teach and you all thin that is a bad thing. Wanny has his faults, credit when he says something right, like wanting players with natural abilities and instincts.

I know it was taken out of context, but those of us that do not like Wanny are going to have fun with that comment. Hell, if you do think of it that way... it is pretty funny.

As I have said many times in the past, and will continue to say this year, if we actually do manage to do well this season, it will be in spite of Wanny, not because of him.[/QUOTE]

I guess your saying that coaching doesn't matter?

phinfan2003 said:
As I have said many times in the past, and will continue to say this year, if we actually do manage to do well this season, it will be in spite of Wanny, not because of him.

I guess your saying that coaching doesn't matter?[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, WANNY is saying that coaching doesn't matter... judging by his quote.

Back
Top Bottom