Guess this site is no longer worked on | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess this site is no longer worked on

rainmaker1313

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seems the front page hasnt been updated in 2 weeks and V-Bookie hasnt been touched in a couple weeks either ~ Guess it was nice while it lasted ! RIP Finheaven !

I don't think it's an RIP situation...people DO have lives, and more important things to do than manage a site. Not everybody is unemployed and living in their parents basement!

Me, I just show up and dick around. Ban someone now and then. Whatever. But I can tell you that we have guys here at FH that work really hard and put in a lot of time and effort to keep this show running. If you could see the amount of hours that guys like WildBill have put into server maintenance and such -for free- then youd realize what a stupid, pointless, and quite frankly insulting thread this is, especially for the guys that have poured a lot into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
No forum is absolutely perfect, but the people who volunteer (key word, remember that) their time to keep Finheaven up and running do a great job of coming close, IMO. So instead of complaining about a couple trivial things, why not thank them for giving you a place to talk about the Miami Dolphins or any darn subject your mind can think of? If you have a few suggestions, keep in mind there is a Questions and Suggestions Forum you can use...in a constructive way mind you.

Sorry guys, I don't agree with how rainmaker presented his issue, It did come off a bit abrasive, however, as a member he is more than right in expressing concerns about issues he may have with the site and or staff etc. I would also like him (and other's with like minded issues) to consider that this time of year, we don't always have time to update things like the front page, what with the holidays being here, xmas shopping, spending time with friends and family, travel, etc, and that taking care of the front page after a disappointing loss may be at the bottom of our list.

Im sorry Bill and other mods but I dont agree with Rainmaker. Instead of complaining find a way to be a part of the solution not the problem. I dont know how the volunteer process works or how people are selected, but IMO find a way to help this site not tear it down or its mods. :idk:

Hey for example I wasn't on here Saturday and most of Sunday except for a few minutes during the day. I was off to a charity event at one of the local wineries Saturday that raises money for orphans for Christmas presents and clothes. I was in the holiday spirit and what better excuse to get hammered when at least my money is being used for something good and not just pissing it down the drain. Sunday of course I had to feed guests from the night before and well my head wasn't doing all that well.

And the point of my post is the "life" aspect of things, I love Finheaven, I truly do but I never lose site of what is important to me and let me tell ya real life is far more important to me than any one website or media source on the Internet. So just like the charity event the staff is donating their time to make a place for people to come discuss the dolphins, most of these people come for free and to the VIPs and Donators they are the ones who truly make it possible and you guys should thank yourselves.

If I'm not mistaken VIPs have the ablity to start vBookie events. Any member can start a "give away", guys like takeospikesneck just do it and are not asked.

It is what it is, the site is you guys, not the staff or owner, without the members there is no site.

Brother rainmaker I think sometimes on how we choose our words will dictate how something is taken by others. You can still choose different words but get the same results. I myself have been an Admin and trust me they spend an awful lot of time here taking care of things on the front end as well as the back end. If these are the things that need attention I can live with that. This is the time of year to spend it with family and friends and appreciate what you have such as loved ones, your health and employment. Thanks for being a donator. If you want great stuff to read and help the site at the same time then join VIP.:hi5:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and or Happy Holidays to you!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom