Gurley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gurley

Kind of reminds me of Willis McGahee. Drew Rosenbaum was effective in talking him back up into the 1st round.

Gordon is my favorite player in the draft. However, value with RB's can be found later. However, Gordon is a high character kid that can score from anywhere on the field. He and Miller could be dynamite.

i think gurley now is destined to be a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd round a contender can sit on...cause i dont see how you can expect for him to play 2015 right now...same for ekpre olomu...these kids are really good too...sucks...but there's two guys that would have helped something get to us at our pick now off the board

gordon should be the first back off the board now and probably in that 15-25 range i'd say

i think gurley now is destined to be a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd round a contender can sit on...cause i dont see how you can expect for him to play 2015 right now...same for ekpre olomu...these kids are really good too...sucks...but there's two guys that would have helped something get to us at our pick now off the board

gordon should be the first back off the board now and probably in that 15-25 range i'd say

Im not particularly familiar with the specifics of the Gurley injury, but based on recent ACL tears in elite athletes, Id be shocked if he missed all of '15. It wouldnt surprise me if he played very early in the year, even. Those surgeries and their prognosis' have come a long way over the years.

Obviously theres risk. Maybe his body just doesnt take to it. But odds are he's gonna be contributing for someone in '15.

Im not particularly familiar with the specifics of the Gurley injury, but based on recent ACL tears in elite athlete, Id be shocked if he missed all of '15. It wouldnt surprise me if he played very early in the year, even. Those surgeries and their prognosis' have come a long way over the years.

it's a rb...trying to think adrian peterson came back pretty quick...still risky though all that cutting and contact at bad angles and hits they take...some guys sit out 18 months or never get right...i'd have to look at his actual injury info to gauge it better but i still think there's a high potential for the pup list the first 6 weeks and maybe a season long ir...

if the prognosis is good on the knee then i think he goes top 50...i dont think top 20 is in play anymore but i guess i need more info

i know he's not shown to be the most durable in college...

Hooshoops.....stick to scouting and not injury analysis. Gurley had ACL tear non-contact, with a non-arthritic knee and no other major damage. You can compare his tear to Wes Welker but not Mcgahee, Gore (coming out of college), or any of the other RBS with contact injuries. Besides this injury anything else he suffered in college was benign. He might slip to 2nd rd but I would take him in the 1st. He will have a long effective career in NFL. If he slips to second....he collects on insurance policy UGA helped him with just after he was reinstated after his autograph signing fiasco. I'd bank on Gurley.

Hooshoops.....stick to scouting and not injury analysis. Gurley had ACL tear non-contact, with a non-arthritic knee and no other major damage. You can compare his tear to Wes Welker but not Mcgahee, Gore (coming out of college), or any of the other RBS with contact injuries. Besides this injury anything else he suffered in college was benign. He might slip to 2nd rd but I would take him in the 1st. He will have a long effective career in NFL. If he slips to second....he collects on insurance policy UGA helped him with just after he was reinstated after his autograph signing fiasco. I'd bank on Gurley.

ok so no other damage...fair enough...thats enough of an injury where i would pass with our top pick on him...not to mention rb in our scheme is not hard to find...the combine medical evals will tell the tale come that time...still think he's more top 50 than top 25 cause of the injury but if he's scheduled to be full go come camp then yeah i think the pick range goes up

Gurley coming off of an ACL and dropping to our pick is exactly the type of chance we need. We have passed on blessed players because of injury, I'm sure I don't need to list them, and had it come back to bite us in the butt. Gurley was projected to be a bonifide top 5 maybe even top 3 talent, even with RBs not being what they once were. This kid can do it all and we need to pull the trigger if hes there. No questions.

You thumbed me down, but the truth is that I view knee injuries pretty seriously. I'm really, really concerned about Branden Albert, on a related note. People are assuming he will be back and in Pro Bowl form in 2015, and I already got the red flag out on that one. We might need Ja'Wuan James to hold the fort at left tackle for a couple of weeks to open the season.

I realize that individual injuries are different, but the flip side of that is that I don't have all of the details on Gurley's injury, surgery, or rehab. I'm essentially gambling on a guy who may have had his surgery botched or maybe even struggles to come back from it mentally. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but it would impact whether or not I'd choose to take him in the first round, depending on who else is available.

Gore is old and not the same running back , if he was San Fran wouldnt let him go . And the only way we get Gurley is in the first round because the is not going to slip pass the Seahawks in the first round.Why pass on a younger Runngback for an older one .

He sure looked good the other night. I saw jockstraps on the the ground....bigtime.

You people are completing understating Gurley's value. I don't see him making it past the 2nd round. Just no way in hell do you cut on the tape, and he falls that far.

You thumbed me down, but the truth is that I view knee injuries pretty seriously. I'm really, really concerned about Branden Albert, on a related note. People are assuming he will be back and in Pro Bowl form in 2015, and I already got the red flag out on that one. We might need Ja'Wuan James to hold the fort at left tackle for a couple of weeks to open the season.

I realize that individual injuries are different, but the flip side of that is that I don't have all of the details on Gurley's injury, surgery, or rehab. I'm essentially gambling on a guy who may have had his surgery botched or maybe even struggles to come back from it mentally. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but it would impact whether or not I'd choose to take him in the first round, depending on who else is available.

cuban refugee seemed to take it personal or something...i was just going by my gut without knowing the full extent of the injury...acl injuries and complete reconstructions matter when it comes to draft value

Back
Top Bottom