harvey fialkov says miami $12-14 million cap funds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

harvey fialkov says miami $12-14 million cap funds

I dont no but thats not as much as i thought we had....

drsaft picks are usually only like 6 million with all them combined

6 million?
Jake Long makes 12 million a year, merling gets 1 mil per year, and some other guys make 1/2 million or less...
i know we had first pick last year..

Who picked 25th last year? thats how much will probably pay..

6 million?
Jake Long makes 12 million a year, merling gets 1 mil per year, and some other guys make 1/2 million or less...

I don't claim to know anything about the cap but since Long made 12 million in year 1, does that 12 million go against the cap? It seems awfully high if so. Then you have Haynesworth getting 100 mil over 7 years, does his 14 mil/year go against the Skins cap?

6 million?

OK last year the 25 pick got a 3.57 million signing bonus and $7.67 million guaranteed. The second round pick at pick got 1.1 million signing bonus and a 4-year deal worth around $2.8 million.

So looking at those numbers with an increase for this year we are looking at our first 3 picks are going to cost us on the plus side of 6.5 million in signing bonuses.

Maybe that's why we haven't jumped on the better free agent CB's...

I have us at 15 million under the cap after all our free agent signings, so Harveys 12-14 million IMO is probably ballpark.

6 million?

Incorrect. You are looking at his contract AVERAGE, not what he makes in any given year. See my cap page in the link in my signature.

Jake Long doesnt count for 12 million against the cap.

Last year we had a rookie cap pool of 6.5 million. I would expect it to be between 5-6 million this year.
so that would leave us with about 7-9 mil in space

Do we have to use most of our cap room (did we have a lot left last year)

when do we see us starting to cut people

Short List
wilford
murphy
wright
dolson
solio
moses (dont get why this guy cant catch on anywhere)

Do we save money cutting these guys

so that would leave us with about 7-9 mil in space

Do we have to use most of our cap room (did we have a lot left last year)

when do we see us starting to cut people

Short List
wilford
murphy
wright
dolson
solio
moses (dont get why this guy cant catch on anywhere)

Do we save money cutting these guys

I think right now we are about 20 million under the adjusted cap of 134.889 million (BEFORE Eric Green signing). Jake Long's contract went up due to incentives/escalators and Allen's went up a million. We should be around 13 million under.

Take away 6 mil for rookies and about 2 mil to carry through the season for emergency signings and we have about 5 mil to spend if we wanted to.

There IS a salary cap floor, but we are above it. We will start to trim down our roster after the draft. The big date is June 1st for cuts.

Cutting Wilford wouldnt save us money and would cost us dead cap. Cutting late round rookies usually doesnt save much money at all. Murphy counts for under 500k against the cap. His replacement would probably cost around the same amount. Same with Wright and Dotson. All those guys are good to keep around because they are very inexpensive. If we released any of them and had to sign a FA replacement, the replacement would probably cost just as much, if not more, then they already do.

I think right now we are about 20 million under the adjusted cap of 134.889 million (BEFORE Eric Green signing). Jake Long's contract went up due to incentives/escalators and Allen's went up a million. We should be around 13 million under.

Take away 6 mil for rookies and about 2 mil to carry through the season for emergency signings and we have about 5 mil to spend if we wanted to.

There IS a salary cap floor, but we are above it. We will start to trim down our roster after the draft. The big date is June 1st for cuts.

Cutting Wilford wouldnt save us money and would cost us dead cap. Cutting late round rookies usually doesnt save much money at all. Murphy counts for under 500k against the cap. His replacement would probably cost around the same amount. Same with Wright and Dotson. All those guys are good to keep around because they are very inexpensive. If we released any of them and had to sign a FA replacement, the replacement would probably cost just as much, if not more, then they already do.

What are Crowder, Berger, and Greens actual contracts?I have yet to see anything offical.
Thanks

I have us at 15 million under the cap after all our free agent signings, so Harveys 12-14 million IMO is probably ballpark.

Incorrect. You are looking at his contract AVERAGE, not what he makes in any given year. See my cap page in the link in my signature.

Jake Long doesnt count for 12 million against the cap.

whoaaaaa philter where have u been hiding:lol2:

What are Crowder, Berger, and Greens actual contracts?I have yet to see anything offical.
Thanks

I only know their base salaries. Nothing about their signing bonuses or guaranteed money or total values.

Its been hush-hush in Miami this year.

Crowder is 1.5 in '09, 2.1 in '10, and 2.5 in '11.

Green is 1.2 in '09 and 1.625 in '10.

Berger is 675k in '09, 700k in '10, and 800k in '11.

Theres been some BS spread on here about Crowders deal being worth 20 million. If thats true, then Crowder 14 million in bonuses, which I find hard to believe.

I would guess Berger got under a million as a signing bonus, and Green got under 3 million as a signing bonus. Rumors are Green can earn up to 6.2 million, but when I hear "up to", I think incentives.

Back
Top Bottom