Has anyone mentioned Cyrus Kouandjio as an option? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anyone mentioned Cyrus Kouandjio as an option?

I think it was Phillips he was a running back from Oklahoma, actually I think he was drafted in the 1st round by the Rams discarded and we picked up later and it did not work out.

Ahhh, I thought you meant our Jordan Phillips, who also went to Oklahoma.

What year(ish) was that you were talking about? I can't remember the last time a Rams took a rb in the 1st outside of Gurley and Tavon... Steven Jackson wasn't the guy either clearly. Sam Bradford went to Oklahoma...

It's gotta be Lawrence Phillips from Nebraska. Don't remember the mental issues being a big problem though

We don't need to acquire high maintenance projects with probable mental health or drug problems. Most players don't wander the fields in their underpants requesting to be killed (and there are some parts of the US where that request would be gladly accommodated). Seem to recall Hayden Fox wanted us to draft Kouandjio ;) and it is significant that Buffalo has now given up on him. Low probability of success although he probably played with Steen at Alabama.

Last edited:
Ahhh, I thought you meant our Jordan Phillips, who also went to Oklahoma.

What year(ish) was that you were talking about? I can't remember the last time a Rams took a rb in the 1st outside of Gurley and Tavon... Steven Jackson wasn't the guy either clearly. Sam Bradford went to Oklahoma...
Lawrence Phillips on the Dolphins 1997 from Nebraska Rams 96 97 committed suicide last year

maybe this

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, Kouandjio was involved in a bizarre incident in which police found him partially clothed and asking police to shoot him.

Kouandjio was found in a T-shirt without pants, but wearing underwear, wandering in a field

According to the report, an Erie County Sheriff’s deputy found Kouandjio lying in a field after climbing over an electric fence. It was near the scene of an accident. A police source told the News that Kouandjio yelled, “Shoot me!” as police approached.

Kouandjio was not arrested, but he was taken to a nearby hospital for observation

A night out with Richie will do that to a person! In all seriousness, when that news broke at the time of him being found, I pretty much gathered it was due to synthetic marijuana, much like that Patriots player that showed up at a police station(want to say it was Jones but can't fully remember)

Best I can make of it Phillips was more like a full blown psychopath -

Underwood had serious issues with the stability of his psyche. Unbalanced as they say.

Phillips was ruthless, had no conscience and no guilt and no shame. He treated other people like they were objects. Jimmy Johnson tried to create conditions where he was being "baby-sat" all the time - guys watching him kind of thing...Did not work....But the guy could run...

As I remember it, he ended jumping from the window of his ex-girlfriends apartment after she had put a restraining order on him...police got him and then he was done from the Dolphins...

Underwood was a Shula project after Underwood pulled a knife I think on a player in Minnesota - or maybe he did something crazy with a knife in Miami....Not sure, but he was troubled, needed medication, maybe a severe case of bi-polar disorder...

I think it was Phillips he was a running back from Oklahoma, actually I think he was drafted in the 1st round by the Rams discarded and we picked up later and it did not work out.

A night out with Richie will do that to a person! In all seriousness, when that news broke at the time of him being found, I pretty much gathered it was due to synthetic marijuana

Had a guy come through the hospital I work at who had no past psych issues and went nuts on synthetic marijuana. Would slam his face into anything hard until it looked like hamburger. Had to be kept in a padded room. Went on for weeks. He eventually got shipped out, so for all I know he is permanently ****ed.

...Typically, I'll try anything once, but that put me off synthetic marijuana for good.

Anyhow, I'd give Kuandjio a shot. Seems like they were looking for a way to give Juwuan James some urgency.

We should at the very least bring him in for a visit. He's 23.

Sounds like bath salts to me. People that do that **** are dumb as ****. Pass

Ok..guys...lighten up on him...You would do hard drugs ,also..if you played for Buffalo...
Or for Nick Saban and Alabama lol. That list is getting pretty long. Rolando McClain, Cyrus Kouandjio, Reuben Foster, etc.

Or for Nick Saban and Alabama lol. That list is getting pretty long. Rolando McClain, Cyrus Kouandjio, Reuben Foster, etc.

Yep...those three football players are the only ones to do drugs....sarcasm...and who cares,as long as they bring home championships.

I thought of Demetrius(IIRC) Underwood whom we drafted in the supplemental draft. Wasn't it Saban that had him an emotional wreck either in TC or a practice?

Back
Top Bottom