Haskins Declares! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins Declares!

flawed strategy would be not to get Lawrence. very flawed strategy
Guy is an obvious mid first round talent at the least what are you talking about?

I wouldn’t trade up based on film alone, gotta interview the kid and see. Lawerance looks leaps and bounds better, Herbert looks better too but that Oregon offense is such bullshit it’s hard to tell if it will translate.

Herbert hasn't shown me ****. I just don't see it, rather have Haskins, Tua or Fromm.

Herbert hasn't shown me ****. I just don't see it, rather have Haskins, Tua or Fromm.

Um his arm talent and athletic ability is top tier, that’s not really debatable. The problem for me is **** Oregon’s offense and translating to the NFL. He’s definitely better than the likes of RG3 coming out of college and people went nuts over him. If he stays his course he’s a top 5 pick

Go with Daniel Jones this year. Give him 2 years and then grab Lawrence in 2021!!! Jones does good then trade him for high pick in 2022!! And do whatever we have to to get Lawrence!
why would u let him go if he is good.

Um his arm talent and athletic ability is top tier, that’s not really debatable. The problem for me is **** Oregon’s offense and translating to the NFL. He’s definitely better than the likes of RG3 coming out of college and people went nuts over him. If he stays his course he’s a top 5 pick

Herbert's film doesn't look like anything special, arm velocity doesn't look like the freshman when throwing outside the numbers ,his pocket movement also doesn't look good. Oregon's offense might be the worst when trying to transition to the NFL, passing for 59% completion in Oregon's offense is definitely a red flag.

I honestly think he is as overrated as they come. I have watched him on numerous times, the bowl game was definitely "turd in the punch bowl" showing. I keep hearing about the measurables but EVERY single time I watch him I shake my head. I see nothing more than a Tannehill. I wanted him in this years draft because some people are crazy enough to think he is better than Haskins. The thought of someone taking this stiff made me think we had a shot at Haskins. But scouts were already on it and Haskins took over the top QB over him.

I will bet anything he doesn't pan out.

Just not thrilled about Haskins right now. I think he's a good prospect but he's not special talent like Tua

Let's be real. A lot of QB's could look phenomenal playing behind the lines Bama and Clemson have and the time typically afforded to them.

Did you watch the game tonight?? While what Lawrence did as a true freshman is surely impressive, he rarely had pressure to contend with. As for Tua, the kid has yet to finish a game when the Tide have been challenged down to the wire. He's capable of some really accurate throws, but he also has shown the ability to make some bad mistakes when pressured.

In short, it's hard to know just how good either player is when they rarely face pressure. In the NFL, what separates the great QB's from all the rest is the ability to make plays under pressure. I'm not sure if Tua or Lawrence has proven they can do that. Anybody can throw and make plays from consistently clean pocket.

Haskins obviously is surrounded by a lot of talent at tOSU too. But his line was nowhere near as good as Bama and Clemson. He faced pressure a lot more. Even the games when tOSU struggled to score and move the ball, Haskins didn't make a ton of bad mistakes and put up some good numbers. While I have the same questions regarding elusiveness and making plays under pressure as those other QB's mentioned, I do like his accuracy and football IQ. He seems like a bright kid.

I posted this in Slim's QB thread, but thought I'd re-post here since it's more topical. It lends a little bit of insight on his football IQ and how he’s been coached up.

Let's be real. A lot of QB's could look phenomenal playing behind the lines Bama and Clemson have and the time typically afforded to them.

Did you watch the game tonight?? While what Lawrence did as a true freshman is surely impressive, he rarely had pressure to contend with. As for Tua, the kid has yet to finish a game when the Tide have been challenged down to the wire. He's capable of some really accurate throws, but he also has shown the ability to make some bad mistakes when pressured.

In short, it's hard to know just how good either player is when they rarely face pressure. In the NFL, what separates the great QB's from all the rest is the ability to make plays under pressure. I'm not sure if Tua or Lawrence has proven they can do that. Anybody can throw and make plays from consistently clean pocket.

Haskins obviously is surrounded by a lot of talent at tOSU too. But his line was nowhere near as good as Bama and Clemson. He faced pressure a lot more. Even the games when tOSU struggled to score and move the ball, Haskins didn't make a ton of bad mistakes and put up some good numbers. While I have the same questions regarding elusiveness and making plays under pressure as those other QB's mentioned, I do like his accuracy and football IQ. He seems like a bright kid.

I stopped reading after this. I guess you missed the national championship game last year when Tua was a freshman?

I stopped reading after this. I guess you missed the national championship game last year when Tua was a freshman?

I still agree with the premise with respect to Haskins. I remember some said Haskins was “awful” at Michigan State against one of the best defenses in the country playing in 25 mph winds. Haskins was 24/39 for 227 yards and 1 TD. At least Haskins plays in weather against quality defenses and yes the Ohio State OL was just average.

there is no comparison between tua and Lawrence. the later smokes the former.
takes but 5 min to figure out. you dont need to intellectualize the whole thing a la Tanny.

why would u let him go if he is good.

Don't have to. But if he is .5 then get Lawrence, Have to start looking for our franchise QB. Can't keep playing the "wait til next year" game. No matter who or if we draft this year or next, if he doesn't take us to the playoffs in year 1 everyone will be on the next flavor of the year QB.

there is no comparison between tua and Lawrence. the later smokes the former.
takes but 5 min to figure out. you dont need to intellectualize the whole thing a la Tanny.
This is a pretty bad representation of those 2 QBs. They’re both very good respectively at what they do. If you’re going to compare them I see Lawrence similar to Luck and Tua comprable to Wilson, each great QBs. Saying one smokes the former is going on a knee jerk reaction after one game.

I do think Lawrence is a better prospect than Tua but I don't think we can wait that long to address the QB position and the time Lawrence declares or graduates the price to get him would be untouchable. I just think next years QB class is more realistic for us.

I just don't want to reach for a QB this year and draft one high just to do it.

If Miami has a conviction on Haskins then do what it takes to get him. It will likely be two number ones and maybe another high pick or player.

I hate the idea of tanking. There are no guarantees on 2020.

The nice thing about Haskins declaring is that could push other quarterbacks into the Dolphins range. Jones, Lock or maybe Grier.

Back
Top Bottom