Haslett on RW's "Retirement" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haslett on RW's "Retirement"

GMP-AGAIN

Starter
Reaction score
There was a great article in the Baton Rouge paper this morning about what Jim Haslett (who coached RW for two years) had to say:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/073004/sai_ricky001.shtml (for the entire article)....here's the beginning....

Notebook: Haslett not surprised about early retirement

By SHELDON MICKLES (The Advocate sportswriter)

METAIRIE -- Like many other people who know Ricky Williams, New Orleans Saints coach Jim Haslett wasn't surprised when his former running back abruptly retired from pro football last week at the age of 27.
Haslett coached Williams in 2000 and 2001, but he and former Saints General Manager Randy Mueller grew weary of Williams' eccentricity and sent him to the Miami Dolphins in March 2002 for a pair of first-round draft picks and a fourth-round selection.

Just goes to show where Miami is, compared to other teams. Starting with Wayne H. all the way down to Wanny. They don't have a clue what's going on.

Well don't you wish YOU were a saints fan, great coaching ,great ownership, I envy them specially their winning tradition.

I don't wanna hear this B.S. from any of you. You guys were just as happy when we got him. And I'll be u all ran out and got your Ricky jerseys. Don't act like u had some insight. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20

:roflmao:
fin13 said:
Well don't you wish YOU were a saints fan, great coaching ,great ownership, I envy them specially their winning tradition.
:roflmao:

fin13 said:
Great coaching? Have you watched a Saints game? Haslett is horrible!

He is working on his final year in the league. After this year he will be fired. He stinks!

fin13 said:
:rofl::groucho::tongue2::spit::rofl3:

Good one! :roflmao:

fin13 said:
Well don't you wish YOU were a saints fan, great coaching ,great ownership, I envy them specially their winning tradition.[/QUOT

I agree they seem to win the SB alot and are always in the playoff race. They must have the best coach and managment in the league

MikeO said:
Great coaching? Have you watched a Saints game? Haslett is horrible!

He is working on his final year in the league. After this year he will be fired. He stinks!

It was a joke i doubt he meant it he was just refering to the second post of the page about how bad are coaching staff is.

hey mikeO have heard of sarcasm? Ricky had the best two years of his career with the Fins offence that should tell you how good hasbeen oops haslett is.Ricky is gone lets see what the fins do this year I think they'll surprise

You know, Ricky is gone and that is that.
Now, can the guys we have with this coach win.
it's TC time and I'm looking forward to the season and I like being the dog of the division.
I LOVE IT.

Haslet made a GREAT move sending us RW's for 2 1st's.He had a good view of where RW was and he guessed it right.Haslett even let it be known that Ricky had some issues thats why he/NO's drafted Deuce.I applaud there move and I was 1 of the only guys who said RW's was not a good move on Miamis part and it was.

Say bye bye to Wanny. :roflmao: :roflmao: ....Thats the next move for Spielman to make this team even more deadly.

Dolfan73 said:
I don't wanna hear this B.S. from any of you. You guys were just as happy when we got him. And I'll be u all ran out and got your Ricky jerseys. Don't act like u had some insight. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20
True. It was the right trade to make at the time. How could you pass up taking a chance on such a talented player.

fin13 said:

yeah isnt mueller out now? and haslett is next. Haslett was so overrated and i thought wannstedt should have gotten coach of the year that one year haslett took them to be like 8-8? cmon, get real. Haslett will be out of the HC business soon.

Hey don't forget when Ricky left the saints he rushed for 1800 yards and Haslett's view was that Ricky had no breakaway speed that's why he was traded.
He also had him weighting 250 lbs.
Ricky with Colliers advise dropped 20 lb,s and when on to have the best two seasons of his career.
But now they say they knew what was coming.
forget Ricky he's gone lets all move on we still have a better team than the saints.
and no first round picks for two years.
The guy is an idiot

Back
Top Bottom