Have a feeling our round 2 target is CB Chidobe Awuzie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have a feeling our round 2 target is CB Chidobe Awuzie

Methinks you are a tad misinformed - we actually do need a better nickel CB than Bobby McCain. Awuzie represents potentially a very big upgrade.

I bet a lot of other people might too. We definitely need a nickel CB more than a Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, and Safety to stop the run. Nickel Corner is exactly what this team needs to right the wrongs on defense. A nickel corner will destroy LaGarrette Blount when he decides to run over everyone on this defense like he did last year. You people are so right. I have been blind.

Let us make sure we draft a QB in the 3rd, and only draft positions that we already have starters, to improve the deficiencies on this team. If you can't stop the run with what you have, you simply get more of what you already have, it is basic economics, trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just imagine Awuzie in the slot coming off the edge and blindsiding Tom Brady... dude is a sack machine for a DB. Tackling needs work but we don't tackle all that well anyway so he should fit right in. Even if he doesn't replace McCain he would probably make us deep enough to cut ties with Maxwell if they don't feel like he's worth keeping around at his salary.

I'm guessing that if we don't go for Awuzie that we'll look at a S who's a natural center fielder type (not sure who that would be) or an OG who can play anywhere on the interior.

Awuzie would be right towards the top of my wish list. Kid can play anywhere in the secondary and would be a plug-and-play nickel, giving depth on the boundary and at safety.

That's my hope. He is a great corner and we are anything but set at cb. If the pass rush doesn't bring the QB down or tip the ball, our corners get burned. Teams throw on us at will. The pass rush will help them thing is bogus, you have to be able to contest balls as sacks only happen about twice a game on average. Our corners are horrid contenders.

There's still some great safety's and lb's left and we have a chance at one of those. Awuzie will get scarfed right before our pic.

I bet a lot of other people might too. We definitely need a nickel CB more than a Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, and Safety to stop the run. Nickel Corner is exactly what this team needs to right the wrongs on defense. A nickel corner will destroy LaGarrette Blount when he decides to run over everyone on this defense like he did last year. You people are so right. I have been blind.

Let us make sure we draft a QB in the 3rd, and only draft positions that we already have starters, to improve the deficiencies on this team. If you can't stop the run with what you have, you simply get more of what you already have, it is basic economics, trust me.

Hayes and Timmons already upgraded our run defense.

Sorry but that is not how it works. We have glaring deficiencies in the linebacking core and secondary that will be exploited if not fixed.

Just imagine Awuzie in the slot coming off the edge and blindsiding Tom Brady... dude is a sack machine for a DB. Tackling needs work but we don't tackle all that well anyway so he should fit right in. Even if he doesn't replace McCain he would probably make us deep enough to cut ties with Maxwell if they don't feel like he's worth keeping around at his salary.

I'm guessing that if we don't go for Awuzie that we'll look at a S who's a natural center fielder type (not sure who that would be) or an OG who can play anywhere on the interior.

So Harris is a bad pick b/c he can't set the edge, yet you want a guy who can't tackle b/c no one else on the team tackles well anyway. You can't make this **** up :lol:

I don't envision Awuzie falling to us, but I would be thrilled to see it happen and we take him.

There is so much to get excited about in round two. Lots of corners that certainly could be a way to go. I really like Witherspoon as one of the best cover guys in this draft. He needs to improve his run defense, though, and Miami really needs to find a physical guy.

Love the safeties, but those guys are going to start going fast.

I'm a self admitted idiot but I would like our pick to be Malik McDowell.

Well, once again regardless of who we pick at 54 this board will go crazy both ways just like last night after the Harris pick. Seems like lots of people here lock themselfs into a player for whatever reason. Half the board will love the pick and the other half will hate it. It just never fails.....lol....and then people get mad at each other but think about it. Nobody on this board will make a selection on this draft but some people will get attacked because some people didn't get "their guy"

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom