Having played WR, does that actually help Tannenhill as a QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Having played WR, does that actually help Tannenhill as a QB?

jacquesstrap

Active Roster
Reaction score
Maybe it's a good thing that Tannehill has also played receiver. He knows where to place the ball from a WR's perspective.

I think it helps. He was able to be part of both WR and QB meetings in college. Being a former WR he has a better feel what it takes to play that position. Could help.

Well instead of procrastinating where his wr will be he can actually anticipate when and where to throw the ball at just the right time of the route. It helps alot more than you would think. Also this guy will have so much more chemistry with our wr's than dolphin has had at qb in a while. Not only does he know the system philbin and sherman want to install but he will also be a teacher on the offense.

Can't wait to see her in a dolphin jersey rooting for her man. Gonna be a good profile picture lol.

Not as much as being a QB would have helped him play QB. But it can't hurt. In some ways it will undoubtedly help him.

I think it helps. He was able to be part of both WR and QB meetings in college. Being a former WR he has a better feel what it takes to play that position. Could help.
I think it helps for sure. Agreed. However playing QB for two more years would have helped more.

I think it does in the sense that he's willing to do whatever it takes to get playing time. Tannehill was recruited as a QB, not a WR. When A&M were short on WRs they asked him to play and he did just so he could get on the field.

Back
Top Bottom