Heard something disturbing on WFAN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heard something disturbing on WFAN

Can you define "losers?" Because making it to the AFC Championship Game doesn't make them seem like losers.

Also, what's a "when person?"

Yes, I'm rooting for ther Jets. Why not?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Go be a jet fan then

if I had to pick, I would rather the Jets win than the Patriots. My hate for the Pats runs very deep.

Must I be the voice of reason for the fin nation ? of course thats what great Americans that bleed aqua like me do .

if fin fans are cheering for the damn jets then those clowns should be banned from all things dolphins and they should be made to sit and look at a poster of Janet Reno and then make them listen to a Al Gore speach then we tar and feather those clowns. can I have a Amen brothers

Last edited by a moderator:
Were they being sarcastic? Honestly, if you're rooting for the Jets and you claim to be a Fins fan, turn in your card. You're no longer welcome in Dolphin Nation as far as I'm concerned. **** the Jets and everything about them.

goes to show that some new yorkers don't know what they want in life

AGAIN-- LEARN TO READ CLOWNFISH!!!

I am NOT rooting for the Jets - I said it maybe 5 times in the thread! I just pointed out that the current Jets are very reminescent of the 01 Pats (a point Bruschi backed on Sportscenter yesterday) and should their lucky stars align (which is looks like they have so far) match up very well against pass first offenses and defenses soft against the run - which the Saints and Colts are... if you can't understand the logic in my arguments of what MAY happen then you should re-evaluate your grasp of the english language.

I can grasp the English language just fine, but I'm just continuing what you started. You even said you were starting a "flame war" with me, so there you have it. Don't start something you can't finish. Seriously, you seem pretty sensitive about the subject. Maybe there is some truth to what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rooting for the Jets, just like last week, and the week prior, and the Bengal game to conclude the season, and thank heaven for the 29-15 decision over the Colts, the greatest game of the season.

The Jets are headquartered 1300 miles away. You lose to them once, you get another chance. How is that anything comparable to college when the rival is in your own back yard and a loss means an entire year to stew about it and hear jabs from friends and co-workers with allegiance from the other school? College rivalries define right and wrong, competence and incompetence. You compete for the same kids and when they reject you and then defeat you in a rival's uniform it's agonizing because you remember the recruiting process, and how close it was, or wonder why you never looked at a kid who ended up with your arch rival. In the pros it's a vague potpourri, players from here and there. They didn't choose you among dozens of offers. You plucked them. They take your paycheck for a few years. We beat the Jets twice. Did it ruin their season? In college you can have a miserable season yet deliciously derail your rival with one fluke Saturday.

I'm probably more baffled by it than others because I'm a USC alum. In that city you literally stand in line next to UCLA students and alumni at movies, or wherever, and have to deal with the most recent result ad nauseam if it went against you. Meanwhile, every summer I visit Saratoga for a few weeks and run into countless Jets fans. Means nothing. Hand shakes and laughs. Maybe I should bark at them.

I'm a Dolphin fan since boyhood who pegged the Jets as my #2 team more than 40 years ago, late in the regular season that they eventually defeated the Colts to change history in Super Bowl III. I attended that game. The city of Miami rooted for the Jets in huge percentage and shared incredible pride that the AFL had pulled it out to earn legitimacy. Those are burned images and memories I'm hardly going to toss them aside. When I adopted the Jets as #2 I doubt I understood the concept of same division. Namath was a fascinating character, and the Heidi game transcended sports it was so bizarre.

The recent Herald articles are comical. I remember when the city had grown ups occupying the sports columnist positions and radio talk shows. Ed Pope and John Crittenden and Charlie Nobles and Sonny Hirsch and Luther Evans never stooped to juvenile tactics, taunting readers and listeners in terms of who they were supposed to root for, and why. The locker room aspect is particularly pathetic. Is that a blessed locker room? The stadium is so flimsy we change the name every other year, and scramble to dump hundreds of millions into so-called improvements. But now we're petrified who might occupy the bowels for a few hours. Let's see, are we keeping tabs on which locker room the AFC will use in the Pro Bowl? Horrors if it's ours and some Bills and Patriots filter in there. :lol:

There's a known issue in political polling called the Shy Tory Factor. It was observed in England during the '90s, the conservative Tory party always underestimated in the polls due to voters apparently reluctant to tell pollsters they planned to vote Tory. I guarantee the same principal applies here. Posters are intimidated to speak out in favor of the Jets due to guaranteed abuse from other members, similar to the comments above; the turn in your Dolphin fan card, and similar babble. The actual percentage of Dolphin fans who will root for the Jets is significantly higher than indications here, or in any type of voluntary poll. It would be the easiest wager of all time.

I really don't care if the Jets, Patriots or Bills make a run and win a Super Bowl....but this season its different. The Super Bowl is in our stadium. I never hated the Jets primarily because I live in North Jersey and many of my friends are Jet fans. Wrecks Rhino changed all of that this season. Like I said the thought of the Jets in the Super Bowl using our stadium, their logos over ours and that fat POS in Sparano's office drives me crazy...and you know what it should bother every Dolphin fan.

Back
Top Bottom