Heat Are In! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat Are In!

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With tonight's Cavs loss to the Raptors, the Heat have clinched the playoffs after a 2-year drought! I know many expected we'd be in after having the best record in the NBA since March 1st, but it is now official.

How can a team as young as Miami accomplish what we have accomplished? No, sorry, it's not only because the Eastern conference is weak. It's pure talent & team work. How can an 0-7 team later on find themselves in the playoffs? How can a later to be 5-17 team find themselves 38-39, in the playoffs, & a chance home Wed. against the Celtics to reach .500 for the first time in TWO FULL SEASONS?

It's amazing. It really is. I don't expect us to get past round 2, but I'll certainly cheer my up & coming Heat on 100%. This has been a great season, & hopefully we'll take atleast 3 of our last 5 to make it to .500.

On a playoff positioning update, Miami is now alone as the 5th seed in the East, with a Hornets loss tonight to the Kings. New Orleans is now 38-40, with Miami 38-39. If the playoffs started tonight, it would be #5 Miami against the #5 Bucks.

Let's break down the final games for the three of us:

4.Bucks: 40-38
5.Heat: 38-39
6.Hornets: 38-40

Miami holds the tie-breaker over the Hornets.

Bucks remaining games: Wizards, Hornets, @ Cavs, Raptors
Heat remaining games: Celtics, Cavs, @ Cavs, @ Celtics, Nets
Hornets remaining games: Celtics, @ Bucks, Knicks, @ Wizards

Also, Caron Butler has been on FIRE! Butler is averaging a double-double over his last 5 games, including a 30pt/13reb night last week against Chicago. Caron's stats definately don't tell his story. Since fully recovering in March, Caron Butler has been...the real Caron Butler.

Let's Go Heat! :up:

:beerbang: :mdfin: :cpatch: :cpatch: :cpatch: :banana: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Can you feel the HEAT down in your soul?

(Does goofy Ike Austin Gig :lol: )

LOL...oh man, I remember Ike Austin in that one. Another guy that Riley said would be a "great player". Where's Anthony Carter right now, Riles? 12th man in SA? :shakeno:

I've been watching the games a little bit more this year but CO I have a problem with your post. No love for Van Gundy?! I think he has done a very good job coaching our Young Guns

Originally posted by Prime Time
I've been watching the games a little bit more this year but CO I have a problem with your post. No love for Van Gundy?! I think he has done a very good job coaching our Young Guns

Van Gundy is my boy, but most people on here have heard enough about him. I was reading a Sun-Sentinel article about him when I wrote that.

This post was mainly about where we are now...& what we have to look forward to. But yes, SVG has done a remarkable job, & he definately deserves huge consideration for Coach of the Year.

I also hope Skip gets a shot at 6th Man of the Year, but I think Jamison will win it.

I think Skip will win 6th man of the year. He has been very impressive this year, especially with those late threes. Do you think he will re-sign when the season ends or do you think he will get big headed and think since he showed his skills he will look for other offers?

Plenty of big-heads leave a riley-based system and arent the same....

Ex...

Crotty
Murdock
Austin
Hardaway (he was getting old anyways so its moot)

The only one i can think of that has had some successes is Voshon Lenard, but i dont remember if he was traded or not resigned....

Originally posted by Prime Time
I think Skip will win 6th man of the year. He has been very impressive this year, especially with those late threes. Do you think he will re-sign when the season ends or do you think he will get big headed and think since he showed his skills he will look for other offers?

Skip would not be big-headed to leave. After Nash & Payton who have opt-out clauses, Skip will be the best point guard on the market. Other guys like Carlos Arroyo have the potential to be better, but Skip will draw more interest.

In the end, I think we will find a way to keep both Skip & Rasual.

The key to the offseason = finding a way to deal E.J. or Grant, or including one of them in a sign & trade to acquire on of the top RFA big men(Swift, Okur, Mihm). We need to gain more cap space. All we have is the $1.6m exception, & the $5.1m exception.

Also, I hope Chicago lands Okafor or Howard. That would put both Curry & Chandler on the block. Chicago is in need of a 2-guard & a SF, & may also move Crawford.

Hate to say it, but if you have to move Caron to get Curry or Chandler, you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by TerryTate

The only one i can think of that has had some successes is Voshon Lenard, but i dont remember if he was traded or not resigned....

Vo was traded with Mark Strickland to Denver for that f*ck-off Chris Gatling & I think a draft pick.

After Gatling left, we later traded RICKY DAVIS for his garbage a**. I hate him more than any player EVER to play the game, because of what we gave up for him, TWO times. Riley was in love with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom