Heat Make BLOCKBUSTER Offer To Elton Brand | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat Make BLOCKBUSTER Offer To Elton Brand

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Wow!! 6 years, $82 million. Riles if offering the max. And Brand is expected to sign. Hopefully LA declines to match.

LINKAGE

Or....as the article says..... it could be Lamar Odom in the long run. Looks like we'll end up with one of them. Riles is really getting after it. :up:

Haven't heard of this Elton Brand? What position does he play and what were his stats from last year (I am too lazy to click link as one of my contact lenses broke and am getting a new one tommorow, so today has been a pretty tough day reading threads)

he plays powerfoward... good lowpost player and can get about 12 rebounds a game.. a smaller version of ZO...

Brand is one of the better PFs in the league for sure. This would be a huge signing if it happens.

6'8", 265 lbs. He's averaged a double-double in each of his four-year career. Very good rebounder for his height. Career 50% FG, 71% FT shooter.

He dominated at Duke and was the 1st overall pick in the 1999 draft. He's only 24. Would be an excellent pickup.

From what I hear he would be an excellent pickup indeed.

One issue is that Brian Grant currently plays PF. Maybe Riley is contemplating playing two forwards, two guards, and Butler as swingman/point forward.

BTW Muck, I didn't know you were a Heat fan as well. Let me know if you want me to pick up tickets. I live about four blocks from AAA.

It'll be just like it was before when Zo first went down. Grant will move back to the middle. Eventually, we want to get a legit center. But Brian Grant isn't a bad option there because the East is pretty much a bunch of PF's playing C.

Yup, I'm a Heat fan. If it's in Miami, I root for it. Dang man, that's a pretty darn good location. I've been to a lot of events on Biscayne Blvd. I'll let you know when I need tix. :) Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to get down there from Tampa next week for training camp. :up:

Brand was a All-Star a year ago. Last year he only played 60-65 games but put up 18/11. He's only 24 and in all 4 seasons he played, he put up 18-20 points and 10-11 rebounds a night. Personally, I see the Clips matching it. Falk, Brand's agent, says he DOUBTS it gets matched because sterling told him he won't(I think he's bluffing). Brand says, max me or don't match. Interesting. If we don't get Brand, expect to see Odom in Miami and Jones in Minny.

BTW, reports today have said that Miami offered a BIT more than expected. It's $84.2m over 6-years rather than the expected $82.2m.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Yeah, Miami is trying to front-load the contract as much as possible (knowing Sterling is a cheapskate).

I agree with you, P. I think he matches it (to that $105 mil max). But if he does, we'll go after Odom. And we'll get him. But I'd rather it be Brand he fills more of a need.

FINGERS CROSSED!!

Well alot of people(radio & experts) think that a s&t could be worked out. I'd think maybe Jones/2004 1st rounder for Brand. Who knows?

We'll see, I want Brand but cheap a$$ Sterling won't match offers for BOTH Brand and Odom. So we should wind up with one of them.

Who knows if Washington will go after Arenas now? He is in trouble with the law.. AGAIN.

I'd rather just pay the man instead of paying him, giving up Jones, and a #1. :) It'd be one thing if they had a PG on the roster worth anything in return.

The next month is going to be interesting.....from both a football and basketball standpoint. :)

Back
Top Bottom