Heat Make BLOCKBUSTER Offer To Elton Brand | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat Make BLOCKBUSTER Offer To Elton Brand

If the Clippers want to be respected as a franchise, a good first step would be to match this contract. Brand is a very good player and if you can match this contract there should be no questions, you do it right away.

According to ESPN, they have vowed to match it....along with Maggette's (Miller looks like a Nugget). Also looks like they'll try and extend Odom in the next 15 days, further screweing us.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0718/1582499.html

Why does Sterling have to get so damn ambitions now. :(

bad news for the Heat

Brand has his wings Clipped
All-Star forward Elton Brand will be staying with the Los Angeles Clippers , reports said.

The west coast side are set to match the six-year, 82.2-million dollar offer that the Miami Heat have tendered to Brand.

Relax Heat fans, there is some GOOD news included. The Clippers may be looking to match the deal before the 15 days, possibly tomorrow or by Monday. That would be the best thing for the Heat. After 15 days, all that will be left is Odom. Brad Miller is out there and a week ago he and his agent were having STRONG conversations with Miami. Now Miller is no Brand, but he will come alot cheaper and is still young at 26. Miller puts up 13/9 a night and was a All-Star last year. Don't forget he had O'Neal next to him. With Grant next to him, Brad will get the ball more. With Miami he could easily put up 15-20/9.

If the Clips match quick to show their loyalty, we can sign Brad Miller and either Kenny Anderson or Darrell Armstrong to mentor Wade.

1-Anderson or Wade/Wade or Anderson/James
2-Jones/Wade/R.Butler
3-Butler/R.Butler/Lampley
4-Grant/Beasley/Slay?
5-Miller/Stephania

Last edited by a moderator:
If we do not sign a player this offseason, GREAT! I actually kind of prefer that. Then we would have a sucky team who could end up getting a top 5 lottery pick again, and then go out and get a big name guy like Kobe (Depending on how this crap turns out with him) or KG. Then we would be a good team.

KOBE/KG
Grant
Wade
Caron
????

Sounds good to me.

I can't see Kobe or KG coming here. Those franchises would almost DEFINITELY give them the maximum.

Lamar Odom is still a possibility. He plays the same position as Butler. So I wonder what the thinking is there. Still, Riles has wanted that guy forever.

The talk show hosts and ESPN reporters think it is a possibility KG or Kobe could come here.

Kobe will either be with the Lakers next year, or in prison. If for some reason he leaves, it's to Memphis. Memphis is in position to have the most cap room next year(who knows who will take over, getting Terrell Brandon would give a team $13m). You know Wise loves Kobe, but he ain't comin' to Miami!

KG is a possibility, so are KMart and Eddy Curry..

Clippers just officially matched, so we're rich again. :D

They gave him the same deal we did. He specifically told them, "Pay me the max, or let me go". I guess Donald Sterling has to stay true to himself somehow.

Back
Top Bottom