Hello there family, we need your support please | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello there family, we need your support please

I'm glad the site is covering cost. I thought last month was significantly in the black. What happens to that extra money?
Don't get me wrong. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the proceeds. The work put in far outweighs the actual cost IMO.

I'm glad the site is covering cost. I thought last month was significantly in the black. What happens to that extra money?
Don't get me wrong. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the proceeds. The work put in far outweighs the actual cost IMO.

Yes last month the site was in the black as a generous member here donated $500

As far as extra money the goal of 650 dollars just covers the server fees. Every now and then we also have to do a software update which is not cheap and not included in the target goal

A couple years ago we ended up with a surplus and spent it on FH hats for all the top donors and contest winners

Keep in mind before the current staff started running things in 2021 the site lost thousands of dollars a year and our generous owner covered the loses out of pocket so no one is making money here

Hope that answers your questions

If not send me a PM and we can discuss it further

@fishfanmiami summed it up perfectly!

I can add some behind-the-scenes numbers for added context. The $650 is what the hosting cost was in 2021. It's increased since then. Our total donations in 2023 were down about 11% compared to 2022. I am actively looking for ways to lower costs. But at the end of the day, we all love the way the site currently runs.

@fishfanmiami summed it up perfectly!

I can add some behind-the-scenes numbers for added context. The $650 is what the hosting cost was in 2021. It's increased since then. Our total donations in 2023 were down about 11% compared to 2022. I am actively looking for ways to lower costs. But at the end of the day, we all love the way the site currently runs.
Your efforts and mods are much appreciated! It really is a great fin site. đź‘Ť

Back
Top Bottom