Helmets - Authentic / Replica | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Helmets - Authentic / Replica

Wetedoretu

American Football League
Reaction score
Anyone own an authentic or replica Riddell NFL / NCAA helmet? It's been pretty hard to find some actual customer reviews, so if you're an owner of one I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on them. My father is a huge Dolphins fan and he already has a couple of jerseys, t-shirts, and some other items, so I'm trying to find a great gift for him that's not over three hundred dollars. He's really done a lot for me in the past, and I feel like a mug, mini-helmet, or something on that scale wouldn't really cut it.

i own a dolphins ridell authentic helmet and a hurricanes ridell authentic helmet. they are awesome everyone that sees it has to comment on it and wants to put it on. if you can get one get it. two thumbs up.

I have a few Ridell Proline Helmets and one fitted Schutt Official Hurricane helmet with a huge defensive facemask that fits my huge cranium. :) Get alot of comments on them when they're out. I won't buy a replica, it's like buying a larger mini helmet, obviously fake. I'd rather spend a lil more and get the real deal.

Keep an eye out on ebay for a "proline helmet" at low prices, usually can land them for great prices. :) Good Luck!

Yeah, I saw a video and the replicas seemed really shoddy and cheap when being handled, so the authentic Pro Line seems like it's worth the extra money. As you suggested, I looked around on Ebay and found a great deal. Thanks for the input guys!

for 109.00 the replicas are really nice, nothing like a full size dolphins helmet to let people know who your with. i love mine

I ended up getting my dad a Proline helmet in 1972 livery signed by Mercury Morris, Garo Yepremian, Doug Swift, Earl Morrall, Jim Kiick and Larry Little for under 400 dollars. I think he really liked it, he had season tickets that season. :p4286:

The Garo Yepremian Foundation really has some nice items in their Ebay store, and I would highly recommend buying from them if there's something you're interested in, especially since your money goes towards a good cause. For my own personal collection though, I'd really like one of those RK helmets since the Proline isn't exactly historically accurate when it comes to 1972, but I think the signatures are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom