Help! I'm starting to get pessimistic! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help! I'm starting to get pessimistic!

islandah

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Somebody throw me a bone. I've so far managed to stay positive through this weird off-season - after all, a lot of the stuff won't affect the team. But now when I sit and think, I see one too many obstacles to a reasonable season.

I can convince myself that we can deal with an inexperienced line as long as we've got a better passing game, a reasonable rb option and a good game plan and coaching staff.

Or that we can get past the shambles of a coaching staff as long as our line gels and the players step it up.

Or that Ricky is not a great loss as long as the line gels, the coaching staff adapts and the passing game is better.

Or that at best our qb (either one) will be average and serviceable as long as our line gels, the receivers make him look better, and the coaching staff adapts.

I'm just starting to get real doubtful that all those things can happen simultaneously.

I guess my optimism now is in signing Ogun and Chambers now, so if we have a bad year (which I'm starting to fear), next year we'll have a good talent base and a high 1st round pick for our hopefully brand new coaching staff!

Somebody talk me out of this funk!

LOL almost everyone on this board is pessimistic... but cmon dude if the patriots did it last year with antwan smith y not us with T Minor??? just a thought i have been pondering for a while....

Go Finz!!!

F#@% Ricky...

I think on just about everyone of your reasons you stated the offensive live. Well I know that we wnt 10-6 last year with an old line and Jay Fiedler at QB. A line that had Ricky hit in the backfield about every down this line has got to be better. I think the line will gel. Between training camp, the scrimmage with the Texans, and 4 preseason games I think they will have time to gel. You got to remember also this line is going up against the best D line in the NFL everyday in practice they will be out to prove everyone wrong. Also we have lost Ricky but we added Boston and A.J Feely (who will only be an upgrade if he starts) we are returning our whole Defense except for Brock, Terrell, and Jamar.So I don't see how we will not be 10-6 or better this year.

Maybe Memories said:
LOL almost everyone on this board is pessimistic... but cmon dude if the patriots did it last year with antwan smith y not us with T Minor??? just a thought i have been pondering for a while....

Go Finz!!!

F#@% Ricky...
well, they also had Brady and an outstanding O-Line. Also, Dont forget Belichek, Weis, and Crennel. ( Though our Defense is right there with theirs)

On an optimistic note... one has to wonder how dedicated Ricky was last year. If he was giving a half-a**ed effort then a hungry T. Minor could be almost as good as an indifferent Williams. So, if there is little or no dropoff at RB, at least as good O-Line (could they possibly be worse than last year?), improvements at WR and at QB, then we could be OK. The thing that worries me most is Foerster at OC.... will he know what to do with all these changes/improvements?

Well Foerester worried me at first but then I got to thinking about Trestman and Sulivan these guys have been OCs before and they will have some input.

The last three SB winners have shown what you can do with out a ProBowl RB... (Pats twice with A.Smith and the Bucs with Pittman).

Yes a lot still has to come together for this team, but I will hold of judgement AT LEAST until the real games start.

You know what is even funnier? If our Offense was tearing it up this far in camp we would be crying about the defense looking bad. Lets see us play another tema or two before we gauge them.

Foerster came from Indy, so I think that some of Indys game plan might make its way into ours. How exciting would that be?

Maybe Memories said:

Go Finz!!!

F#@% Ricky...
Why not? Two words........Dave Wannstedt

Oh, and they also have Tom Brady..................

Back
Top Bottom