Help on Fantasy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help on Fantasy

but you also need to draft a RB in the first three rounds, I would draft a QB in the 1st, a RB in the 2nd, and a WR in the 3rd

dreadlockera said:
Absolutely agree
Thanks. :D

I'll explain it a bit better PhinDude88, RB's are the biggest producers of your team, meaning if they do good they'll get you the most points. Tomlinson is top choice this year, and I'll be gunning for him in all of my drafts, but he'll probably be gone by 10. Look for Mcallister, Green, and Alexander first off. Most people will be hesitant to pick up Williams, and if all of those are gone, go for him.

Portis is definately up in the air, as he does have good skills, but everyone questions whether he was made even better by Denvers run happy offensive line.

And as far as Hasselbeck, I actually picked that guy up after the draft, because no one else wanted him last year. You can find steals at the end, so don't draft a QB earlier than round 5.

PhinDude88 said:
Thanks guys for the help. But what qb would you think be there in the 5th round?

There will be decent QB's around in the 5th round. After the first 4 or 5, there is a drop-off.

This mock shows Green, McNair, Favre, Brooks, Brady, Pennington, etc. available in the 5th or later.

http://games.espn.go.com/content/ffl/2004/story?id=1826899

Bottom line, RB HAS to be your main focus. Sometimes, depending on your draft position, it doesn't make sense to reach for one in the 1st round, but if you don't get one in the 1st, you should definitely get one in the 2nd AND 3rd.

My strategy is ALWAYS, ALWAYS draft RB with my first 2 picks. RB is always the hardset position to full as far as depth and/or replacements during the season. There always WR that are not even thought of draft day that end up being huge (Santana Moss; who was the reason I won one of my leagues last year and I got him as mid-season replacement.)

I could see Green, Bulger, Johnson, Bledsoe (who could be a steal) BRADY!!!, Carr, Plummer all being there.
I would go
Brady
Green
Plummer
Bulger
Bledsoe
Johnson
Carr
I got brady in the late rounds last year and did well with him. The thought process is that if the team throws TDs then it must be your QB. As opposed to a wr where you need one who commands the qbs attention. The RB are the top priority b/c the emphasis points wise on rushing TDs. They will also get the majority of the work if they are top backs. If you dont get 2 good RBs early then look for a player who gets touches inside the 5. Like Mo Williams of the Vikes.

RBs are big producers on your team but QBs are also big producers and Vick gets tons of points because of his rushing yardage along with his passing yardage

calmlikeabomb said:
This mock shows Green, McNair, Favre, Brooks, Brady, Pennington, etc. available in the 5th or later.

http://games.espn.go.com/content/ffl/2004/story?id=1826899

And whatever you do, DON'T do what this Bill Teague did in this mock!

What was he thinking? His first RB is Barber in Round 3? He has his choice of ANY QB available and he selects Vick? He doesn't pick his 2nd RB until Round 11???

Man, what a disaster!

Go RB early and often Last season I drafted RB in my first 3 rounds, then WR in the next 2, and got McNair in the 6th. But the depth at RB allows you to trade later when a stud RB goes down(hopefully not yours) and someone panics and gives up the farm!!

Fins2theend said:
Go RB early and often Last season I drafted RB in my first 3 rounds, then WR in the next 2, and got McNair in the 6th. But the depth at RB allows you to trade later when a stud RB goes down(hopefully not yours) and someone panics and gives up the farm!!

That is hands down the way to go. You can get good QB value in the middle rounds and good WR are plentiful. But if you don't have AT LEAST 2 good RB that are dependable you simply are not going to be successful.
Guys like Manning and Vick and Moss and Harrison put up good numbers, but you don't lose too much at the next tier of players at those 2 position. But after about the top 12 or 15 RB's the production goes WAY down. If you draft right you can get 2 backs in the top 15 or so. Last year I drafted A. Green and J. Lewis with my first 2 picks. I won my league.

Fins2theend said:
And if you keep all 3 because no good offers were presented you can pick your backs on a week to week basis based on matchups. :cooldude:

dreadlockera said:
And if you keep all 3 because no good offers were presented you can pick your backs on a week to week basis based on matchups. :cooldude:

Well I had Tomlinson, J. Lewis, and Tiki Barber so there really was no choice but I traded Tiki for Bolden and Shockey very early in the season.

I had a 14 team league last year and after the 5th round Brady, Pennington, Hasselbeck, Green, Johnson were still available...among others. I'd hold off on QB, If you want to win.

Back
Top Bottom