Henne/Sanchez: Who Gives Finfans More to Smile About? Sanchez>Henne

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KTOWNFINFAN, Aug 22, 2010.

1. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Don't get me wrong, Henne had a truely GREAT night. Going 11/14 with two TDs and two drops, while showing great poise and knowledge of the offense, had to put a smile on EVERY finfans face. But I have to give the nod to Sanchez. His 5/10 for 12 freaking yards and what should have been at least 2 picks, vs an average defense, made me as a finfan want to stand on my coffee table and dance.

With more being placed on the shoulders of Sanchez, it looks more and more like everything being said about Mark in the off season was correct," he just isn't that good". He is very dangerous with the ball and has looked lost from time to time. His footwork is sloopy and although the blocking has been above average, Mark still seems to ignore his presnap reads, some times holding the ball too long and other times getting rid of the ball when there is no need.

I know we are just two games into the preseason, but up to this point I would have to say, "he is who we thought he was". And as a finfan that just HAS to bring a bigger smile to your face. :hclap:

2. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Last week it was just the opposite, so I'm not buying it just yet.

nyjunc likes this.
  3. Scoffaveli

Scoffaveli Well-Known Member

4. FINS4LIFE16

FINS4LIFE16 Scout Team

Exactly, think about what jets fans said about Henne's numbers last week..

5. studsatele

studsatele Starter Super Donator Donator

While it is always nice to see the Jets and the Sanchize struggle. It is only preseason. Besides ill take a great day for a Dolphin qb over a bad day for an enemy qb.

6. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

Now i'm starting to see why they call us Jet obsessed

nyjunc likes this.
  7. jared81

jared81 Banned Hammered

one thing sanchez is better than henne at is fitting a hotdog in his mouth

8. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

Everyone has a point here, but isn't that players are supposed to get better as preseason goes on... not the opposite

9. KTOWNFINFAN

Practice makes perfect.

10. Dolphanaholic

Dolphanaholic Starter

Not a lot of love for this post so let me give you some. I LOVE to watch Sanchez struggle, Hard Knocks is quite telling in the way it shows MS confidence issues and how they treat him like a little kid. I am looking for the Jets to implode.

11. KTOWNFINFAN

Not if they watched the game. Chad was 5/11 for 20 yards true enough, but add he had three big drops that would have made at least another 50 yards and then his numbers are 8/11 for 70 yards, in a drivng rain storm. No there is no comparison. Chad looked comfortable and in control and Sandbag looked like the game was too big for him.

The jets have a great defense and a very good OL, there running game is gonna be nearly as good as it was last year, maybe better. The only real weakness they have is at QB, and so far that has been a pretty good weakness if you are a finfan.

12. jared81

jared81 Banned Hammered

good point, hard knocks just shows what a d bag sanchez is. that whole team makes me sick. they only got in the playoffs last season because two teams laid down. they added a bunch of former greats that NOBODY wanted. they let their best running back go, their head coach talks so much **** and looks like a retard when he does it. im embarassed for him. and somehow they are "the team to beat".

13. Ruby2

Ruby2 Rookie

The obsession continues...

14. Cutthroat

Cutthroat Scout Team

The way our secondary looks, Sanchez is not going to need to be that good...

15. KTOWNFINFAN

Sit back and enjoy. This is what your whale of a coach has asked for with his big mouth spouting off how they are the best thing since sliced cheese. Deal with it.

16. Ruby2

Ruby2 Rookie

Preseason my man.

Jets D has looked great in preseason. Sanchez had one good performance, one bad. Not jumping off any bridges yet.

Why don't you just make a thread about Henne, why do you feel necessary to talk about the Jets?

You guys are obsessed, and its sad.

17. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I'll hold my judgement of Sanchez for now but will say this. In watching hard knocks I'm not impressed with his personality. Maybe my expectations are too high but the scene were the coaches were reprimanding him a bit he seemed to just ignore it. Maybe this is what they all do. The kid has some talent, we will see how good he becomes.

18. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

obsession is the inability to stay away from opponents' superior forums

19. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Scout Team

I think Henne would be a steal in that fantasy football crap. I think he will have a great year and I don't think people who don't follow the Dolphins see it coming!

20. Ruby2

Ruby2 Rookie

Nah dude.

I Just like to monitor other teams.

It gets boring just posting on your own teams board.

And btw, the posts on this forum are often comical. Seems like a lot of younger fans post on here.

21. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

So that's what they call it, nowadays? "Monitoring."

22. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Another 2nd year player getting slammed way to early.

23. jared81

jared81 Banned Hammered

dont you notice that we dont talk about any other teams on here. the only reason we talk about the jets is because they have become a sideshow. they havent done **** and they act like the are the super bowl champs. i never cared to talk about the pats when they were winning rings, because they didnt act like a bunch of idiots.

maybe you should look at the way your coach acts if you dont want people talking **** about the jest.

btw, i would think you are the one who is "obsessed" with the dolphins, you dont see me posting crap on your boards. i think you are delusional. dont get mad cause you got swept by us last year.

24. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I'm not buying it either. Let them play for a while before we jump to conclusions.

25. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

we have had so many discussions about who is better henne sanchez etc, but ill say this.

this shouldnt even be brought up as a comparison. why dont we just compare henne to jamarcus russell while we r at it? this is no contest, henne is the far superior qb and looks to be only getting better, has shown glimpses of being a real real good qb, while sanchez has NEVER had to win a game on his own yet.

sanchez looks very shaky as to whats going on and seems very immature.

as a dolphin fan today, i say i am really happy chad henne is the qb of our franchise, as opposed to mark sanchez.

26. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Did anyone notice that all of Henne's incomplete passes were passes that were outright dropped? If I remember correctly, all 3 of those were perfect passes, but they bounced off the hands of whoever was catching because of the rain. I think it was Marshall, Hartline, and Ricky that dropped them

27. lurking

lurking FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

and whats your reason for being here

28. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Exactly. If a Coach's bravado & arrogance were an indication of success then Jerry Glanville would have more rings than Walsh, Lombardi, & Belichick combined.

29. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

I love Henne as a promising young qb and I think he's often criticized unfairly on this board. With that being said, as much as I like seeing the Jets struggle the same could be said about Mark Sanchez. Both quarterbacks are still works in progress and are going to have their ups and downs. Would I love it if Sanchez turned out to be a bust? Hell yeah. I'm just not so sure that's going to happen. We could possibly be in for Henne-Sanchez duels for the next 10 years given the age and potential of these two.

30. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Whichwon't be really bad anyways... The rivalry continues!

31. HurriPhin

HurriPhin Banned Hammered

Sad, no. Obsessed, Hell yes!

I'm obsessed with the Dolphins, I'm obsessed with our AFC East Rivalries. I'm obsessed with the NFL. I watch the Jests, Patsies, and Jills like a hawk, hoping for failure, injuries & team mutiny. I see nothing wrong with watching Dirty fail and being joyful about it regardless of regular or pre-season. For the record it means nothing being preseason but it means something considering he's the teams starting failure at QB.

Though there is one thing I don't do and that's bother to check the opposing teams message boards to see what all the non-sensensical, idiotic opinions of Jest, Patsy and Jill fans are.

32. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

He'll play great in the dress rehearsal game so Hard Knocks can worship the ground he stands on.

33. Ruby2

Ruby2 Rookie

Why would I be mad that you guys beat us both times last year?

We went to the AFC championship game.

And I dont care that you guys talk about the Jets, I just find it funny that Henne has a great performance and the first thing you guys want to do is talk about Sanchez.

34. KTOWNFINFAN

Well in that case I am glad we could humor you. I,on the other hand, find it funny that there are jets fans out there who still haven't realized that Thigpen, our backup, is a better QB than Sanbag. If Rex had a brain under all that fat maybe he would realize this and offer Sandbag and Revis for Thigpen. Ireland would have to think about it for awhile, but it might be doable. See always trying to help everyone that comes here, even if your a sub-human species, known as jet fans.

35. KTOWNFINFAN

I hope your not mad, ya might just want to sit back and get used to it. If it made ya mad ya might wanna go ahead and start taking ya self some anger management classes cus this year is gonna be a b-itch

36. da305kid

da305kid Well-Known Member

Idk guys i think the point this guy is making is that Sanchez STILL looks like a turnover machine, even last week he forced the ball and got it picked. Sanchez may have improved and the media has been on his **** all offseason but in the end he still likes to gamble and force plays which is good to hear.... Im just saying both Qb's philosophy is completly diffrent, Henne wants to be effecient and protect the football, Sanchez is a gambler.

37. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

I long for the good old days when the media obsessed about Tom Brady. Isn't it funny though that the media didn't hope on the Pats bandwagon unril they had won a ring or two?

I can respect Brady (somewhat) and Peyton. I'll tolerate Favre & Tebow deification to a point.

There aren't enough paperbags to contain my sick when they mention the sanchize or Benny in Western PA.

38. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

because we hate the jets and their qb sucks. that amuses us.

39. JETSJETSJETS

JETSJETSJETS Well-Known Member

Are you happy about three-four series? That too in a pre season game? OK. Jets are doomed I guess.

Just wanted to point out to you: Panthers had the fourth best pass D last year while Jags were ranked 27th. Chill. Its pre season. Most coaches hold back on their playbooks in pre season anyways. Lets talk after four REGULAR season games.

40. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Who cares about Sanchez and the Jets??? If last night was any indication, we have our OWN exciting first string offense to look forward to this season! Stop giving the Jets fans reason to infiltrate our boards! Go Dolphins MOFOS!