Here is the POSITIVE spin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is the POSITIVE spin

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is how the Dolphins front office and organization put the positive spin on the upcoming season and sell this to there fans right now when everythingis looking down........

Upgrades over last season
1) New QB (most likely)
2) Better o-line
3) More depth, speed, and talent on defense
4) New offensive coordinator (could be a minus, but can be a plus also)
5) Favorable schedule (no snow games vs division rivals)

Downgrades from last year
1) No Ricky Williams (but running backs are a dime a dozen and the easiest position to replace on a football team if you have a decent o-line)

SPIN
The WR's are the same as last year and they won us 10 games with Jay Fiedler. You would think with a new QB, OC, and better o-line everything should be ok. We have upgraded or at least changed several positions on the offensive side of the ball while improving depth and team speed on defense! Plus, we got our long-snapper back so hopefully special teams will improve!

That is the spin the Front Office and the organization needs to be selling to the fans right now!

Not saying anyone or everyone will buy it, but that is how they need to sell this to their fan base. Morale is low, here is how you raise it.

Well Feeley is probably the lone bright spot in these scrimmages with the Texans. If he continues then that will definately be a nice upgrade.

O-line is definately younger..but how improved remains to be seen.

Depth on D is nice...especially at CB and our young LB's

So there are SOME positives to look foward to this season at least.

If Feeley is better than Jay, then this offense will be better. QB is the most important position in all of sports, let alone football. If you have a good one he can make mediocre players look better than they are. Jay won 10 games with this same group of WR's pretty much. Granted no Ricky hurts, but if we upgraded the QB spot, then this offense will keep us competitive in 2004. And that is all we can really hope for. Just give us a shot in games and keep us in the thick of it.

If we get that, after all of this, then man that would be great!

MikeO said:
Here is how the Dolphins front office and organization put the positive spin on the upcoming season and sell this to there fans right now when everythingis looking down........

1) New QB (most likely)
2) Better o-line

1) No Ricky Williams (but running backs are a dime a dozen and the easiest position to replace on a football team if you have a decent o-line)

SPIN
The WR's are the same as last year and they won us 10 games with Jay Fiedler. You would think with a new QB, OC, and better o-line everything should be ok. We have upgraded or at least changed several positions on the offensive side of the ball while improving depth and team speed on defense! Plus, we got our long-snapper back so hopefully special teams will improve!

That is the spin the Front Office and the organization needs to be selling to the fans right now!

Not saying anyone or everyone will buy it, but that is how they need to sell this to their fan base. Morale is low, here is how you raise it.

You are finally starting to come around!!

GO FINS!!!

Who is now the #3 WR with Thompson moving up to the #2. Last year we had McKnight, now hes gone and our #3 WR is........ I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel right now but maybe towards the beginning of the season. Ricky knocked off my teal glasses and Boston just stepped on them!

You are right Fins2theend, but lets have faith. Go Fins.
Besides, it was Ricky's fault he quit to smoke pot.
It was not David's fault he got injured.

P.S. You are right: NO KERRY! Go Bush.

MikeO said:
With the kind of articles and posts you've been writing, I don't even think you believe it.

but running backs are a dime a dozen and the easiest position to replace on a football team
No, RBs aren't a dime a dozen. Average RBs such as Thomas Jones and Duce Staley end up getting way too much money because there just aren't enouh quality starting RBs to go around. Some teams get lucky and have a draft choice come up big, but that's only a few teams.

The position that's usually percieved as being a "dime a dozen" is WR.

btw, since when is the Dolphins OL good?

MikeO said:
If Feeley is better than Jay, then this offense will be better. QB is the most important position in all of sports, let alone football. If you have a good one he can make mediocre players look better than they are. Jay won 10 games with this same group of WR's pretty much. Granted no Ricky hurts, but if we upgraded the QB spot, then this offense will keep us competitive in 2004. And that is all we can really hope for. Just give us a shot in games and keep us in the thick of it.

If we get that, after all of this, then man that would be great!

I personally guarentee that Feeley will be better. Maybe not in the first few weeks of the season, but by week four or so you will see a much better QBin teal and orange. Feeley is the future of the team, Ricky the past.

MikeO said:

1) New QB (most likely)
2) Better o-line

SPIN

Thats what I'm thinking too...we're no worse than we were last year (IMO the minor/morris tag team at RB will be better than or at least the same as ricky was last year, production-wise) and we now have a younger, more athletic and more talented o-line to go with a young, strong-armed qb and more depth on defense. If anything, we should be better. 11-5, anybody?

Our offensive line has certainly gotten younger and more athletic and will probably be better over the long haul. However, anytime you make major changes to a unit that relies on communication and instincts like an offensive line, it takes a long time for them to figure out how to play together. We should expect a vast improvement in our line over the next year or two, but this season is unrealistic.

we havent gotten better this year despite what this article shows. Us Fin Fans hate to admit it, but losing Ricky will be HUGE this year. Still tho im optomistic.... at first thought im thikning 7-8 wins...hopeflly: im thinking 9-10 wins.

I myself still have hope that this team can pull out at least a winning record and score a post season game or two. I also know that in reality this team has been hit hard this offseason and that mixed with all the uncertainy at so many positions. All we can do is hope that all the crap the team has had to endure this offseason will make them stronger as a unit and want to prove everyone wrong. I say anything is possible. I will be in front of the tube yelling and rooting for my favorite team. Go Phins!!!

NYJ said:
No, RBs aren't a dime a dozen. Average RBs such as Thomas Jones and Duce Staley end up getting way too much money because there just aren't enouh quality starting RBs to go around. Some teams get lucky and have a draft choice come up big, but that's only a few teams.

The position that's usually percieved as being a "dime a dozen" is WR.

btw, since when is the Dolphins OL good?
Nobody said the dolphins oline is good. Just better than last year. Not saying much I know, but it will be better!

Back
Top Bottom