Here is what it says at NFL.com's draft tracker. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is what it says at NFL.com's draft tracker.

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
This was written before the draft.

"Needs Analysis: The addition of Lawrence Timmons doesn't fully address issues at linebacker. Finding a pass rusher could be a challenge in this draft, but it's a need. The Dolphins could look to add some competition at the guard position while finding another young cornerback to groom as a future starter will likely be addressed at some point."

so it seems like we nailed it....I admit I did not really follow draftable players this year but....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:mia/dt-by-round-input:4

PICKPLAYERPOSHTWTCOLLEGEGRADE
question-mark.png
WATCH
Round 1, Pick 22 (22)Charles HarrisOLB6'3"253Missouri6.0
Pick Analysis: "Really solid pick here. I think he can play four-down or 3-4 linebacker; in Miami, it's four-down. He has a good first step and is explosive off the edge. This young man is adept at a pass rusher." -- Mike Mayock
Round 2, Pick 22 (54)Raekwon McMillanLB6'2"240Ohio St.5.5
Pick Analysis: "There were some questions about his athleticism, but then he shows up at the combine and ran much faster than any one had anticipated. ... They bring in Lawrence Timmons as a free agent, they re-sign Kiko Alonso and now they have just brought in McMillan to get those linebackers all square away in Miami." -- Daniel Jeremiah
Round 3, Pick 33 (97) (Compensatory Selection)Cordrea TankersleyCB6'1"199Clemson5.7
Pick Analysis: "Tankersley is a highway speed guy. If you draw up a corner, this is the guy. He can run fast. He's a press corner. He's the least interesting defensive back in this entire draft in supporting the run. He was directly for support on two Dalvin Cook touchdowns and did not get involved at all." -- Mike Mayock
PICKPLAYERPOSHTWTCOLLEGEGRADE
question-mark.png
WATCH
Round 1, Pick 22 (22)Charles HarrisOLB6'3"253Missouri6.0
Pick Analysis: "Really solid pick here. I think he can play four-down or 3-4 linebacker; in Miami, it's four-down. He has a good first step and is explosive off the edge. This young man is adept at a pass rusher." -- Mike Mayock
Round 2, Pick 22 (54)Raekwon McMillanLB6'2"240Ohio St.5.5
Pick Analysis: "There were some questions about his athleticism, but then he shows up at the combine and ran much faster than any one had anticipated. ... They bring in Lawrence Timmons as a free agent, they re-sign Kiko Alonso and now they have just brought in McMillan to get those linebackers all square away in Miami." -- Daniel Jeremiah
Round 3, Pick 33 (97) (Compensatory Selection)Cordrea TankersleyCB6'1"199Clemson5.7
Pick Analysis: "Tankersley is a highway speed guy. If you draw up a corner, this is the guy. He can run fast. He's a press corner. He's the least interesting defensive back in this entire draft in supporting the run. He was directly for support on two Dalvin Cook touchdowns and did not get involved at all." -- Mike Mayock

It does sound like we nailed it....I'm going to bed ok tonight.

Pass rushing DE.

LB.

CB

OG

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/isaac-asiata?id=2557998

STRENGTHS Big body for the interior. Adds roster flexibility. Has played both guard spots and can play center if needed. Plays with outstanding aggression on the field. Doesn't just look for extra work, he demands it. Hard worker. Gives maximum effort to take the lead in early portion of a block. Effective lateral skip step puts him in position to make his reach blocks. Rarely gets cheated on initial contact, landing powerful shoulders that jar defenders. Has power to uproot defenders in base blocks. Sets shallow anchor in pass pro against bull rushers. Has reactive quickness to handle blitzes and twists.

SOURCES TELL US "Really tough guy. He has to harness all that nasty out on the field, but I loved what he did to Washington, which has some really solid talent up front. He never backed down once and I think he had a couple of those guys intimidated." -- Area scout for AFC team
NFL COMPARISON Jeremiah Poutasi
BOTTOM LINE Aggressive and powerful with an ability to create space for running backs in a power scheme. Asiata isn't a complete stiff from a movement standpoint, but he loses effectiveness the farther he's asked to travel from his home base. He'll fall off of blocks a little earlier than teams will want, but his ability to generate movement combined with his girthy frame means he could become a starter at either guard or center within a couple of years.
-Lance Zierlein

Back
Top Bottom