Here's How I think Miami Will Rank Top Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's How I think Miami Will Rank Top Picks

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to see what Miami's need are, which makes it a little more predictable to "guess" who the team will pick in the first round . Looking at the type of players Bill Parcells and company have brought in we are talking about tough, physical, versatile, overachievers and leaders. With those criteria in mind here's how I see the Dolphins ranking the 1st round (I'm not including players who I think the team will have no chance to get unless they trade up ie Suh, Berry.).

1. Rolando McClain - He fits the mold of a Bill Parcells player to the tee, tough, physical, big. I can see Miami trading up for him if he falls close to their pick and they don't have to give up a ton to move up. He's the #1 guy on the Dolphins radar IMO.

2. Dez Bryant - I understand that Parcells values other positions more than wide receiver and hasn't drafted one in the first round. However, the Dolphins front office is smart and it is likely they won't be able to get a top wide receiver in free agency. They will strongly consider Bryant if McClain is off the board.

3. CJ Spiller - This guy is simply a great player, someone who can score every time he touches the ball. His game is speed, but I love his field vision - in that sense he reminds me of Thurman Thomas. The Dolphins need to prepare for life after Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown is not signed.

4. Sergio Kindle - You can't win without a strong pass rush and Kindle could be elite. Jason Taylor and Joey Porter are declining so this is an area the Dolphins will definitely address early on. Miami may overlook character issues with Kindle.

If these four aren't available when the Dolphins pick I really feel the team will try to trade down. If they trade down the next targets would be:

5. Dan Williams - The Dolphins could use a young NT of the future and Williams has a much lower ceiling IMO than Terence Cody. This would definitely seem like a Parcells type pick.

6. Golden Tate - I love this guy. I think he's the second best receiver coming out. He's tough, physical, great hands and with the versatility of returning kicks. He plays bigger than 5-11 as he goes up for the ball extremely well and gets a lot of yards after the catch. Simply put he's a football player.

7. Jahvid Best - Similar to Spiller in that he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Miami will be looking to add explosive players to the offense and while this may seem like a luxury pick many felt the same when Tennessee took Chris Johnson. If Miami is able to add an extra pick by trading down Best would not surprise me.

Correction on Williams -- should read lower floor than Cody. In other words, I think less chance to bust.

How is J.Hughes not ahead of Kindle, the trifecta loves college production to go with height, weight, and speed etc... and Kindle doesn't have production just potential!

My big board is very similar to yours... (assuming the obvious,suh, berry, etc. are gone)

Rolando Mcclain
Dez Bryant
Dan Williams
CJ spiller
Jerry Hughes
Earl Thomas
Brandon Spikes
Terrence Cody
Golden Tate

Idk just my take..

How is J.Hughes not ahead of Kindle, the trifecta loves college production to go with height, weight, and speed etc... and Kindle doesn't have production just potential!

Exactly. And, Kindle hasn't shown much ability get any penetration. The sacks and tackles for loss that he did have (not many) usually occurred as a result of pursuit - not quick penetration. I don't like Kindle at all. Also, Kindle and Hughes are both WSOLB's. I think we have our WSOLB in Wake - unless they move him to SSOLB. Brandon Graham is the best SSOLB prospect in the draft.

But honestly they are both needs, you go with BPA and that is Dez Bryant. period. LB is much easier to fill and Parcells will have no problem recognizing talent and bringing it in like Cameron Wake. possibly our best LB and we didnt use a single pick on him. WR1 is A LOT harder to fill then LB

Wow. That is pretty close. You must be very smart!!! The only one I'm not as high on as others seem to be is Brandon Spikes. Second round certainly, but high first? I'm just not seeing that.

I haven't seen enough of Hughes to be honest. What I have to go from is youtube highlights and he definitely looks good.

You really can't go wrong with either. Personally, I feel McClain is the bigger need, but that's just me.

I agree. Although Bryant would be a very nice weapon. However, if we do go McClain, I'd love to get Demaryius Thomas in the second and Dexter McCluster later. Those are weapons for the offense that will help a lot.

McClain for me , if he's off the board then Bryant if both are gone then trade down and take Earl Thomas or Dan Williams then Micah Johnson in the 2nd....... IMO

I honestly think

Rolando Mclain

Sergio Kindle

Brandon Spikes

Back
Top Bottom