Here's My Issue With The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's My Issue With The Dolphins

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure they understand the the issues or how to fix them. And they Don't Learn!!

The last couple of years we've had one of the WORST olines in football.. let me rephrase that, we had one of the worst running and passing games in football. And I've constantly heard people say how we need better "Guard" play. So the dolphins major answer to their oline woes is to sign Sitton (if it happens) as if he alone is going to fix our oline issues. SMDH.

I've always felt that you don't have one of the worst running\passing games in football because of ONE DAMN GUARD! So one DAMN GUARD will NOT fix our issues.

I saw breakdowns from
Pouncy
Tunsil
James
Whatever guards we trotted out there
TE's
and RB's

And our plan is to bring all of the oline guys back and add Sitton and we expect the play to be significantly better? Nonsense!!

And don't tell me about the 5 games after Ajayi left.. Small sample size and not enough time for defenses to really break down film and study strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of the offense with a new RB.

All of these breakdowns contributed to us having to resort to bubble screens and 2 yard passes to Landry just to stay ahead of the chains. Unless I'm completely off......a 32 year old Sitton alone will no fix our oline. A starter will get hurt, not play up to par etc...... My point is.... THEY NEED TO DO MORE and I'm not sure they realize it.

Recall a few years ago when we had one of the worst run defenses in the league? What was their plan? Sign Suh!!! Tannebaum basically said Signing Suh will fix our Run stopping issues..... We see how that worked out. They didn't do enough! And it looks like they're doing the same thing this year.

I don't agree with you. In 2016 we were pretty good in both phases and in 2017 the QB hurt us more than the line. Our line absolutely sucked ass in 13, 14 and 15 but in 16 we were 10th in sacks allowed and in 17 we were 11th (ahead of SB representative NE who gave up 35 on a QB who's tough to sack while we gave up 33). The run blocking was not as good last year. Again, we don't and probably will not have the best line in football but it's not as bad as finheaven makes it out to be. You can't move on from Tunsil goin on year 2 at LT and James is solid (1 sack allowed before he got hurt). Why didn't we hear about Bosa week 1 last year? Jawuan James, that's why. Pouncey was also credited with 1 sack all season. Adding a really good guard like Sitton will solve the problem in my opinion, barring injury of course. QB play and defense were the bigger issue in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom