Here's to USC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's to USC

DonShula84 said:
When your conference games are strong you shouldnt have to play tough teams out of conference also. Teams in weak conferences have to look for tough matchups outside of there conference because there conference schedules are a joke. Pac10 has USC and Cal. So if USC wants to play good teams they have to schedule tough games out of conference. SEC teams dont have to do that. People are literally punishing them for having a good conference? If UF wins out and USC loses a game and they dont play for the title it will be a joke.

Oh, and ND will get its revenge Saturday. USC wont have Leinart to save them this year!

:lol: We will see.

As to outconference games comment above. You cant predict if you conference is going to be the strongest if your scheduling game 4-5 YEARS in advance. One year its SEC the next its Big 10 or ACC, you never know what going to happen in the future. That said If you have a good program and you want to COMPETE for a National Championship which means being THE BEST IN THE NATION then you should PROVE IT BY PLAYING TOUGHER OUT CONFERENCE games. IF YOUR THE BEST YOU SHOULD WIN - RIGHT. Dont take the easy win and puff up your records and stats. We know the SEC is good no arguement to that, but I want to see what they do when play a Mich, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech. Cmon dont give a freaking game like Western Carolina or Buffalo that is a freakin JOKE.

Its not like USC is going to challenge OSU. Only Michigan can match up with OSU.

Majpain said:
Its not like USC is going to challenge OSU. Only Michigan can match up with OSU.

:sidelol:

You would figure that if a team that won the turnover battle by 3 they would win the game. -Right

Michigan won the turnover battle by 3 and still was down 10 pts the entire game. What are they going to do win, win the turnover battle by 5. Michigan cant beat OSU face it Troy Smith has owned them for the last 3 years.

If anyteam can beat them its USC. USC shows up for the big game and rises to the occasion. Just look at their record in November-Jan under Pete Carroll. Nobody has a better chance at upsetting OSU then USC.

USC still has 2 more games. Lets see if they rise up vs ND.

Majpain said:
USC still has 2 more games. Lets see if they rise up vs ND.

That game is going to show alot to everyone of who USC really is.

Amars said:
I disagree. I have zero expectations for ND in that game. They don't play defense. I can't stand seeing a team ranked so highly when their defense is so poor.
Winning that game will prove nothing to anyone paying attention.

finswin56 said:
I disagree. I have zero expectations for ND in that game. They don't play defense. I can't stand seeing a team ranked so highly when their defense is so poor.

Then I guess Michigan beating ND means nothing also. I know your SEC guy and defense is everything in SEC.

Amars said:
Then I guess Michigan beating ND means nothing also. I know your SEC guy and defense is everything in SEC.
Big difference between "show a lot" and "means nothing"
Big difference between blowing out a rival at home, and winning at home.

Defense isn't everything, but w/o it a team can't be considered a serious contender. Nice try on your simplistic characterization of me though.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
SEC is a middle of the road conference. Florida would be 9-3 on Notre Dame's schedule

Im a Notre Dame fan too, but that just is not true. Florida beat UT LSU Alabama and most likely you can add Arkansas. Florida cant help FSU is terrible this year,but they're still bett than half of nd teams. If Florida played ND's schedule they would be the same or a game better.

Amars said:

hopefully it shows them USC is bad :D :wink:

Oh and as an ND fan I'm glad we dont have UF's schedule because we'd probably be headed to the Gator Bowl. And If UF had our schedule I think they'd have the same record, 1 or 2 losses.

finswin56 said:

What does it show you if ND wins :D

Back
Top Bottom