Herman Edwards, good, bad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman Edwards, good, bad?

dolphan117

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
I was reading at the jets forum and they seem to be conflicted on Herm. What is happening with the jets reminds me some of what happened to us last year. The offence loses their most important key(although not to smoking hash, and quiting) and the wheels fall off. Its a little weird. Defensive situation is comaparable too. So.... Who thinks Herm keeps his job at the end of the year?

PS. I know its still to early to say the jets are done but it dosnt look good at all.

I am a pro-Herm guy.

But yes, there are a bunch of HermHaters out there.

BZ

Ive always respected Herm as one of the better coaches in the NFL, just never respected the team he coached for...

Wasn't Bollinger available after Chad got hurt and Fiedler came in? Seems stupid to put Chad back in after Fiedler got hurt....anyone????:confused:

Roman529 said:
Wasn't Bollinger available after Chad got hurt and Fiedler came in? Seems stupid to put Chad back in after Fiedler got hurt....anyone????:confused:

According to Herm "Even with Chad hurt, we felt he gave us the best oppurtunity to win the game"

Must not have much faith in Bollinger...

Roman529 said:

I realy thought this was a bad move. If your franchise QB is recovering from surgery and then tweaks an injury thats that serious I just dont see how you put him back in. Even if you lose the game because of it you cant risk an entire season/career. He did and the rest is history...

dolphan117 said:
I realy thought this was a bad move. If your franchise QB is recovering from surgery and then tweaks an injury thats that serious I just dont see how you put him back in. Even if you lose the game because of it you cant risk an entire season/career. He did and the rest is history...

EXACTLY...the Jets have invested a ton of money to make Chad their franchise QB...when Fiedler got hurt they should not have risked putting Chad back in...I think Chad rehurt and tore his RC when he got sacked and not from throwing it. I was having deja vous when I saw Chad and Fiedler both getting hurt...it reminded me of last year when Fiedler and Feeley got hurt for us and we had to bring in Sage Rosenfels.

Well at least they got Vinny back and I think he will be starting within like 2 or 3 weeks. Now Herm Edwards I think he is a good guy more of a good coach that can relate to players but I don't think he is one of the smarter coaches in the league. I think him and Bill Cowher or overated. I think they should really thank there Co-ordinators for a lot of success even though they both have been on there respected teams for a long time.

He is maybe one of the 5 worst head coaches in the NFL. This is what you get when you hire position coaches and make them head coaches with no coordinator experience in between (Tice, Edwards..etc).

On Herm.....
1) Awful clock management
2) Can't hire assistant coaches who are any good
3) Total confussion on the sidelines at all times (aka Last Years Ravens game as one example)
4) Got in a fight with his running back coach on the sideline

Just because a guy yells, screams, and throws out a funny one-liner or two in a press conference people assume he is a good coach. HERM BLOWS!

MikeO said:
He is maybe one of the 5 worst head coaches in the NFL. This is what you get when you hire position coaches and make them head coaches with no coordinator experience in between (Tice, Edwards..etc).

On Herm.....
1) Awful clock management
2) Can't hire assistant coaches who are any good
3) Total confussion on the sidelines at all times (aka Last Years Ravens game as one example)
4) Got in a fight with his running back coach on the sideline

Just because a guy yells, screams, and throws out a funny one-liner or two in a press conference people assume he is a good coach. HERM BLOWS!

So do you think he will be fired?

wazzy said:
Well at least they got Vinny back and I think he will be starting within like 2 or 3 weeks. Now Herm Edwards I think he is a good guy more of a good coach that can relate to players but I don't think he is one of the smarter coaches in the league. I think him and Bill Cowher or overated. I think they should really thank there Co-ordinators for a lot of success even though they both have been on there respected teams for a long time.

I disagree with your take on Cowher....That's way off.

dolphan117 said:
So do you think he will be fired?
It's possible if they go 3-13 or something

ZIG~ZAG said:
I disagree with your take on Cowher....That's way off.

Bill Cowher has had what, 4 or 5 AFC Championship games at home and only won 1 of them. That is OVERRATED my friend!

Alright I might of went a little overboad with the Cowher but he is overated I don't think he is as great as a coach as everyone makes him. I bet if he were to coach the Dolphins this year we would be 0-3.

Back
Top Bottom