“He’s Special” - Rich Eisen on Tua Tagovailoa Making the Dolphins Relevant Again | 10/21/20 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“He’s Special” - Rich Eisen on Tua Tagovailoa Making the Dolphins Relevant Again | 10/21/20

Honestly, Eisen is a tool and Peter S is as well (even though I have GMFB on now).

The biggest tool of all scared me a bit yesterday. Any guesses? Omar of course, I listened to his pod yesterday (bored). He thinks this is us packing it in for 2020 and working towards the future. Says the following (from players supposedly):

1. Tua knows about 40% of the offense.
2. One guy who goes against him on the Scout team says he holds the ball too long and is going to get killed.
3. He’s been good in practice but never great. No WOW plays.
4. Dolphins know he’s not as good a QB as Fitz right now.

Personally I don’t agree with any of this. I think this move is about 2020 and the future. Fitz’s track record shows us we have no shot with him. Let’s see if we have one with Tua.

Rich is talking about his personality and how he is as a human being. Cris Carter echoed the same statement on Eisen's show.

Both of them believe he will eventually be a fantastic qb, but the special remarks are more of the complete package he is as a young man.
This.

He is a special person in that regard........football is a part of that for him.

The comments on here are yikes! So many who know what is going to happen.

I dont trust ESPN on the Dolphins, they never know what is going on with this team until it happens.

I do trust my own eyes however. This TEAM has been playing good football, not Fitzpatrick. RF has been playing good enough. Last week against the Jets he threw 3 TD's in the first half with about only 100 yards passing, every other drive was a 3 and out, and he didnt convert a 3rd down in ALL of the game. Any QB could have won a game like that.

The coaches are seeing that Tua can easily replace and improve on his production. Fitz's arm is done, he throws like Pennington, and while he helped win games he hasn't been the catalyst for those wins.

I love Fitz as a player and person but Tua is as ready as he will ever be. His time is done, and his best bet to play again is to sit behind Tua in case he gets injured.

All these sour grapes after being benched are a distraction for Tua, and dont look good on Ryan's part. I think the best bet may be to trade him during the bye week and bring someone in asap to learn the playbook just in case Tua goes down. Maybe Jake Ruddock who already knows the playbook while they get someone else in.

I think people are underestimating Tua on this board. People were surprised he was so good that we let Rosen go, and now they are surprised we benched Fitzmagic for him. The kid will surprise you again when he steps and doesnt fail miserably as some of you are so scared of happening

Last edited:
The comments on here are yikes! So many who know what is going to happen.

I dont trust ESPN on the Dolphins, they never know what is going on with this team until it happens.

I do trust my own eyes however. This TEAM has been playing good football, not Fitzpatrick. RF has been playing good enough. Last week against the Jets he threw 3 TD's in the first half with about only 100 yards passing, every other drive was a 3 and out, and he didnt convert a 3rd down in ALL of the game. Any QB could have won a game like that.

The coaches are seeing that Tua can easily replace and improve on his production. Fitz's arm is done, he throws like Pennington, and while he helped win games he hasn't been the catalyst for those wins.

I love Fitz as a player and person but Tua is as ready as he will ever be. His time is done, and his best bet to play again is to sit behind Tua in case he gets injured.

All these sour grapes after being benched are a distraction for Tua, and dont look good on Ryan's part. I think the best bet may be to trade him during the bye week and bring someone in asap to learn the playbook just in case Tua goes down. Maybe Jake Ruddock who already knows the playbook while they get someone else in.

I think people are underestimating Tua on this board. People were surprised he was so good that we let Rosen go, and now they are surprised we benched Fitzmagic for him. The kid will surprise you again when he steps and doesnt fail miserably as some of you are so scared of happening
Not to take away from everything else you said here, which I mostly agree with, but both Eisen and GMFB are NFL network pundits. NOT ESPN.

Not to take away from everything else you said here, which I mostly agree with, but both Eisen and GMFB are NFL network pundits. NOT ESPN.

I meant the national sports media when I said ESPN. Fox Sports doesnt know anything either. It is rare for anyone to be up on the Dolphins. Even the local sports beat writers get all their info from twitter.

I meant the national sports media when I said ESPN. Fox Sports doesnt know anything either. It is rare for anyone to be up on the Dolphins. Even the local sports beat writers get all their info from twitter.
I do think they made some good points from a PR perspective, if not from an on-the-ground outlook; Which, I agree we should more depend on and trust locals and fan sources for. I think we are lucky in this day and age to have those options. It certainly hasn't always been that way.

Honestly, Eisen is a tool and Peter S is as well (even though I have GMFB on now).

The biggest tool of all scared me a bit yesterday. Any guesses? Omar of course, I listened to his pod yesterday (bored). He thinks this is us packing it in for 2020 and working towards the future. Says the following (from players supposedly):

2. One guy who goes against him on the Scout team says he holds the ball too long and is going to get killed.

Personally I don’t agree with any of this. I think this move is about 2020 and the future. Fitz’s track record shows us we have no shot with him. Let’s see if we have one with Tua.
I do not buy this , one because it’s Omar (who said Hunt was a LT from a picture that any casual fan would easily be able to tell it’s a combo block drill) and two there is no way with how Flores has operated this organization is putting the weaker of the two QBs out there for the *uck of it.

He played Fitz last year because he gave him the best chance to win, he easily could have gone with Rosen but showed his objective is to win and develop.

He is making the move which is best for the team and he has continually put guys in positions to succeed. Not batting a 1000 in that regard but he is better than any coach in recent memory

I think the best bet may be to trade him during the bye week and bring someone in asap to learn the playbook just in case Tua goes down. Maybe Jake Ruddock who already knows the playbook while they get someone else in.
This would be a very bad idea for at least two reasons.

First, Fitz most likely is the #1 backup in the league as of now and there is no way Ruddock or anyone else available is an upgrade to Fitz. The Dolphins have a relatively soft schedule the next 6 weeks and have the capability to make a playoff run, particularly since 7 teams in the AFC make the playoffs this year.

Second, the players love Fitz and by players I mean the entire team. He has clearly been the leader of this team. For Flores to get rid of Fitz immediately following a benching with questionable timing (winning 3 of the last 4, averaging 26.7 ppg) risks Flores losing trust with this team. Given the high volume of turnover, the inexperience, and the youth of this team to bench the team's leader and then get rid of him immediately after replacing him with a below mediocre QB is risky. If Flores loses the trust of the team, how does that help Tua?

I am hoping Flores is mature enough to understand the big picture, and all indications are that he is. It seems clear to me that Fitz is in a grieving process. Roughly 8 weeks ago he lost him mother and now, two months later he has basically lost his career, doing what he loves doing the most. Those are two major blows in life back-to-back. The first stages of grief is often denial/shock which is where Fitz appears to be.

The right play here is for Flores to be supportive of Fitz allowing him to go through the emotions and providing guidance for Fitz letting him know he is still valuable to the team. Of course, ongoing disruptive behavior would need to be addressed. The best possible mentor for Tua now that he is starting is still Fitz. It sure as heck isn't Ruddock or another QB that doesn't know the system.
The way Flores handles this situation could have long-term ramifications for the team. How an organization treats players can be one of the deciding factors whether Dolphin players want to resign with the team and whether free agents choose the Dolphins or some other team.

Last edited:

Guy could have a leprechaun **** gold in his house and he’d find a reason to find the negativity about it. Not concerned about that clown.

Guy could have a leprechaun **** gold in his house and he’d find a reason to find the negativity about it. Not concerned about that clown.
Well it’s the opposite of most takes so I agree. Just don’t know if he really has any kind of a relationship with some players. Probably not!

This would be a very bad idea for at least two reasons.

First, Fitz most likely is the #1 backup in the league as of now and there is no way Ruddock or anyone else available is an upgrade to Fitz. The Dolphins have a relatively soft schedule the next 6 weeks and have the capability to make a playoff run, particularly since 7 teams in the AFC make the playoffs this year.

Second, the players love Fitz and by players I mean the entire team. He has clearly been the leader of this team. For Flores to get rid of Fitz immediately following a benching with questionable timing (winning 3 of the last 4, averaging 26.7 ppg) risks Flores losing trust with this team. Given the high volume of turnover, the inexperience, and the youth of this team to bench the team's leader and then get rid of him immediately after replacing him with a below mediocre QB is risky. If Flores loses the trust of the team, how does that help Tua?

I am hoping Flores is mature enough to understand the big picture, and all indications are that he is. It seems clear to me that Fitz is in a grieving process. Roughly 8 weeks ago he lost him mother and now, two months later he has basically lost his career, doing what he loves doing the most. Those are two major blows in life back-to-back. The first stages of grief is often denial/shock which is where Fitz appears to be.

The right play here is for Flores to be supportive of Fitz allowing him to go through the emotions and providing guidance for Fitz letting him know he is still valuable to the team. Of course, ongoing disruptive behavior would need to be addressed. The best possible mentor for Tua now that he is starting is still Fitz. It sure as heck isn't Ruddock or another QB that doesn't know the system.
The way Flores handles this situation could have long-term ramifications for the team. How an organization treats players can be one of the deciding factors whether Dolphin players want to resign with the team and whether free agents choose the Dolphins or some other team.

All understandable points but if we were to turn down a 1st or 2nd round pick for a player who wont be on this team next year, that would be foolish on the part of the front office and I think they would pull the trigger.

I think the biggest issue pushing the trade would be RF's ability to cope sitting behind Tua. If he has issues, his best place would be off the team.

Btw, did you call Tua below mediocre? If so, you are in for a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
All understandable points but if we were to turn down a 1st or 2nd round pick for a player who wont be on this team next year, that would be foolish on the part of the front office and I think they would pull the trigger.

I think the biggest issue pushing the trade would be RF's ability to cope sitting behind Tua. If he has issues, his best place would be off the team.

Btw, did you call Tua below mediocre? If so, you are in for a pleasant surprise.
:lol: No, I did not call Tua below mediocre. I was referring to Ruddock as a backup.

After posting my thread in response, I saw the presser of Fitz in another thread where he is talking about being able to separate the two issues between his disappointment and going through the feelings of being benched and supporting Tua. There is ZERO doubt in my mind Fitz will be an outstanding mentor and supportive of Tua moving forward.

I’m excited to see what type of plays Chan has drawn up for Tua. I’m guessing RPO will be a big part of what gets called. But as I usually say on this board........ Like the Zen master said: We’ll See.

Back
Top Bottom