Hey Central Florida Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Central Florida Fans

phinman1

Seriously now
Reaction score
Learned that we won't get the following 4 games on TV.

1. Opener against the Titans
2. Wk 3 against the Steelers
3. Wk 5 against the Patriots
4. Week 7 against the Rams.

Instead, we get to see the Jags against teams like San Diego. Nobody here cares about the Jags, but they are shoved down our throats, as they have claimed Orlando as a "secondary market". Sure, I can go to a bar, but I can't be myself there, i.e. yelling and throwing things.

There's lotsa places to watch the games with frllow Dolfans. The Ale House by UCF (on Alafaya)...Any Gator's Dockside..
We need to get a big group of Central Fl. Fin Fans together to see some games during the season.

12 out of 16 ain't bad. I'd kill for that up here. Instead, I get to see the Ravens and AFC North games way too much of the time. I'd be pleasantly shocked if I even got to see 8 out of 16 up here.

GreenFin said:
There's lotsa places to watch the games with frllow Dolfans. The Ale House by UCF (on Alafaya)...Any Gator's Dockside..
We need to get a big group of Central Fl. Fin Fans together to see some games during the season.

Yeah, that's where I go, to the Gators Dockside on West Colonial.

That blows!! I remember about 2 years ago, they televised all but 1 game.

phinman- what bar shows the games? Also, you know you can call the station and complain. I have every time they don't show a game. I mention the winning tradition and winning in general and the lack of interest or tradition with the jags. I will call on those days you listed above, and if you do as well as your friends, we may be able to swing them into televising more games. Tell them you'll watch fox instead.

This is why I got Sunday Ticket. I used to get all the Bills game. The only time got to watch the Dolphins was if the Billygoats were playing the Phins or if the Billygoats had a bye or played late.

bigmiamifan said:
That blows!! I remember about 2 years ago, they televised all but 1 game.

phinman- what bar shows the games? Also, you know you can call the station and complain. I have every time they don't show a game. I mention the winning tradition and winning in general and the lack of interest or tradition with the jags. I will call on those days you listed above, and if you do as well as your friends, we may be able to swing them into televising more games. Tell them you'll watch fox instead.

Big, a lot of people do complain, and sometimes it helps. The CBS affiliate wants to show all phin games, as the phins are a much bigger draw than the Jags, but their hands are tied by the NFL rules, as again, the Jags have claimed the Orlando market as their own. I go to Gators on Colonial, which is full of Dolphin fans when they aren't on locally. There is also a bar downtown that is exclusively a Dolphins bar, the bar is colored in the Dolphin colors and everything. It's actually good to get out once in a while, but the Patriots game not on TV? Those are the types of games that my brother and I like to "lock down" on. Nobody but us, no kids, wives or anybody.

I way prefer watching games at home. I don't have to be alone, but anyone that does come over needs to know beforehand what it is like watching a Dolphins game with me..........Funny, now that I think about it , not to many people come over to my place to watch the games with me. :confused:

I called a couple of times last year to complain. Once when they cut to another game before the end of a Dolphin game and a few times on the games they didn't show. But they said it's NFL rules...they can't do anything. Everyone around here is either a Fins fan or Bucs bandwagoners (although they seemd to fade away as the season progressed)
phinman...what's the name of that bar downtown?

GreenFin said:

I really miss the Ale House! When I did my internship @ Disney, we used to go to the LBV Ale House to watch all the games on Sunday! Come to think of it, I really miss all of Orlando! :cry:

GreenFin said:
I called a couple of times last year to complain. Once when they cut to another game before the end of a Dolphin game and a few times on the games they didn't show. But they said it's NFL rules...they can't do anything. Everyone around here is either a Fins fan or Bucs bandwagoners (although they seemd to fade away as the season progressed)
phinman...what's the name of that bar downtown?

Green, you would think I would know the name, but I don't. I was only there once. If you are familiar with Orlando, it is just off of Lake Ivanhoe.

WOOHOO, ALE HOUSE TIME!! On alafaya in Waterford, that was great watching the games there. Cant wait till football season for that kind of atmosphere.

I live in St. Cloud and when the Jags...

phinman1 said:
Learned that we won't get the following 4 games on TV.

1. Opener against the Titans
2. Wk 3 against the Steelers
3. Wk 5 against the Patriots
4. Week 7 against the Rams.

Instead, we get to see the Jags against teams like San Diego. Nobody here cares about the Jags, but they are shoved down our throats, as they have claimed Orlando as a "secondary market". Sure, I can go to a bar, but I can't be myself there, i.e. yelling and throwing things.

play away and in the same time slot as the Phins, I watch the game at our local Beef O'Brady's. They have most, if not all, of the games and feature the Phins on the Big screen TV. I have to get them to work on their menu, though, because after two years I still haven't found a dish that I care for that much. I would rather be home with the wife and kids, but at least I get to see all of the games. :D

Steve

phinman1 said:
Green, you would think I would know the name, but I don't. I was only there once. If you are familiar with Orlando, it is just off of Lake Ivanhoe.

I'll take a look. Thanks!

Well, I guess it will be GameCast on ESPN.com a few times this year :( Can't even get audio from www.wqam.com like years past. I don't feel like paying Real their subscription fee to listen. I wish I could get AM radio from Miami up here.

Back
Top Bottom