High Hopes For Miami This Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

High Hopes For Miami This Year

traptses

Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know we lost. I know we are sitting at a 0-1 record. But look at it this way. We lost to the New England Patriots, and there are 15 other teams with the same record as us.

Let's take a look at the negatives. The obvious one here is the defense. They looked gassed, exausted and cramping in our own heat. A team that looked like it had never had a dose of conditioning in their lives. But we were FAR from the only one. The Kansas City Chiefs gave up 41 points.... to the Bills. The almighty Buffalo Bills put up 41 points. The Pittsbugh Steelers have long had one of the top defenses in the NFL. They gave up 35 points to the Ravens. Honestly, I think this was an effect of the NFL lockout. I believe we will see a much improved defense in the upcoming games.

Our offensive line and runningbacks were largely ineffective. Reggie Bush is certainly a weapon, but should NOT be counted on as a top back. Daniel Thomas needs to step up and be the back that we drafted him to be.

Chad Henne looked like a brand new QB out there. He showed mobility, improved accuracy, and a new sense of leadership of this offense. This game has everyone buzzing, could this be Henne's year? I believe it is. Marshall and his fellow receivers looked fresh and Marshall looked like the dominant receiver we know he can be. The offense allows Henne to take control of the team, and he ran with it like a great QB would.

All in all, I am assuming (hoping) that this defense returns to form. If it does, this season will hinge on the play of Chad Henne. If this first game is a sign to come, I think we will be quite alright

"Reggie Bush is certainly a weapon, but should NOT be counted on as a top back"

Reggie Bush is a Beast running back, He didnt get enough rushes according to Coach.. The only thing tht WAS Wrong with this playoff team WAS Benny Sapp #27..Now thts takin care of SO Playoffs Here WE COME!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. I disagree with alot of people on bush. I am watching the replay and bush was getting 5+ yards on carries consistently. we just dont run the ball like we used to. That is a good thing. bush is not going to be power back. bush is going to be diverse in this offense. simple as that. people dont like that? tough. we score 24+ points each week, that is a huge improvement.

With Thomas and Clay back our running game may just supprise everyone.
Reggie was very good but he played just about every play and that's NOT the way to go.
He needs to stay fresh so he can hit some big plays in the 4th when the D is tiring.

Bush is deadly in space and a mismatch against LB's as a receiver, but i'm not sold on him being a legit between the tackles RB.

I thought Henne was the most confident he had been since 2009 and he made several incredible throws and did a nice job keeping plays alive, but Miami's offense wasn't as effective as the stats indicated. Between the first drive and the TD after the Odrick pick Miami's offense was stagnant.

- Miami was 2/14 on 3rd downs.
- New England forced Miami to a 50% red zone success rate (3-6)
- With about 8 minutes to go in the game, New England had allowed 241 total yards and only 17 points.

I believe if it wasn't for the Odrick interception the game would have been all but over in the 3rd. I think the Dolphins showed a lot of resolve staying in it and Henne looked more like a leader but the Dolphins' offense still has ways to go; namely in situational playcalling.

This might be a stupid question, but why didn't Dante Rosario play?

A lot depends on the consistency of the Oline play. There will be good outings and some not-so-good outings per game. Even during the game, you'll see some good series and some bad ones. Bush and Henne's success squarely depends on their consistency of effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom