HOF voter: Thomas merits consideration | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOF voter: Thomas merits consideration

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The question that will come up now as a fun exercize and in five years as serious business is whether Zach Thomas merits Hall of Fame consideration and ultimately will get into the Hall of Fame.

Thomas, 36, will officially retire from football today at a 4 p.m. press conference at Dolphins camp. As I reported this morning, he will sign a ceremonial contract with the Dolphins to retire as a Dolphin. In five years he will become eligible for HOF consideration.

So does his 12 seasons with the Dolphins merit consideration?

"Oh boy ... It's a hard question because there are so many good middle linebackers," The Miami Herald's Edwin Pope told me a while ago. Pope is the South Florida representative in the Hall of Fame voting so he not only gets a vote, but would present the case for Thomas in five years.

"Yeah, I think he's worthy of consideration," Pope continued. "And I think someday he'll be getting it. His body of work is certainly deserving. Smart, aggressive, great team player, great locker room presence. He measures up in every respect except height and that didn't seem to hold him back."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...es-worhty-of-consideration.html#ixzz0oUlaWpMF

I really hope Zach gets in to the HOF, I don't think there was one better than him during his prime years. Love the little guy, amazing player.

I honestly believe he is a hall of famer, and not just because he's my all-time favorite Dolphin player.

He is one of the best football players i've seen in my lifetime. He and Ray Lewis are the two best MLBs I've seen in person. sham if he doesnt stroll in on the first ballot.

Man this is tough. Zach probably was the second best MLB of this his time (Ray Lewis being first, obviously there were some great MLB's during Zach's time but he put in 12 years of quality football relatively injury free until the end) and one of the smartest football players you will ever see. Here is a case where the lack of TEAM success may ultimately be his undoing. Very limited post season experience, none of it on the big stages (conference finals and Super Bowl) and he has a teammate that probably will overshadow his greatness (Jason Taylor). Hard to fathom that we had 2 HOF's on a defense that never even got NEAR an AFC championship game and on a defense that was NOTORIOUS for playing bend or break football but when it counted the most, ususally broke.

I would love to see it, but I don't think we will.

he is fourth all-time in tackles. and one of the smartest mlb's ever. if he doesnt get in it would be wrong. he wasnt flashy but ALWAYS got the job done. thanks for everything zack

Back
Top Bottom