Holland vs. USA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland vs. USA

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The game will be played Wednesday February 18th in Amsterdam. It will be on live on ESPN2 at 2:30 PM EST.

Here is the USA's roster:
Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Manchester United), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur), Jonny Walker (New York/New Jersey MetroStars);

Defenders: Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Cory Gibbs (Dallas Burn), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Eddie Pope (NY/NJ MetroStars);

Midfielders: Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Chris Klein (Kansas City Wizards), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End), John O'Brien (Ajax), Claudio Reyna (Manchester City), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards);

Forwards: Conor Casey (Karlsruher), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (Hannover 96), Brian McBride (Fulham), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).

I think this is probably the strongest US roster we have used since the 2002 World Cup. I think the biggest abscence is Brad Friedel, and no one really knows why he isn't there, but I guess Arena wanted to bring a MLS keeper.

Awesome! Can't wait for that one! The only player I find to be way over-rated is Beasely. I don't see anything in him. He's too flabby, not strong enough. I wonder what the new USA NT jerseys will look like? I heard they're going to be a "cookie cutter" copy of some other national teams, but of course with our colors. I think with Brazil, Belgium, and Holland. I hate it when Nike does that c®ap. We should be wearing jerseys that incorporates our flag identity along with the colors. Some small stars and stripes on the sleeves or shoulders would look dope on a white-based shirt, white shorts, blue socks. Ew, thats too fresh!

Can't put stars on the jersey because we haven't won any World Cups. I actually really liked the blue jerseys that we have worn the last two years. I don't think having stars and stripes would be a good idea, it just wouldn't look good. Our white jerseys were good except for the blue and red crap on the sides. The USA will be wearing their new jerseys on Wednesday, I just really hope that Nike doesn't give every national team the same jerseys like they have recently (the last set of Nike national team jerseys were all the same, the only difference from nation to nation were the colors and the logo on the right side), because if they do, our new jerseys will suck. Just look at the horrible new Brazil jerseys:

clear.gif

This one shows the front and back :( :
clear.gif

Here is Holland's squad by the way:
Keepers: Edwin van der Sar (Fulham FC), Ronald Waterreus (PSV);

Defenders: Frank de Boer (Glasgow rangers), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), John Heitinga (Ajax), Michael Reiziger (FC Barcelona), Jaap Stam (Lazio Roma), Boudewijn Zenden (Middlesbrough);

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (PSV), Phillip Cocu (FC Barcelona), Edgar Davids (FC Barcelona), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax);

Forwards: Pierre van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahce), Roy Makaay (Bayern München), Andy van der Meyde (Internazionale), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Marc Overmars (FC Barcelona), Arjen Robben (PSV).

Holland is bringing a very good squad and I doubt the USA will be able to win this one. Holland is just a lot better.

EDIT: As for Beasley, he is not overrated. He has a lot of speed and is a hard worker. He is a stick but he is pretty skilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats it Ice! 10 bucks thats what we will be wearing except in "our version" with our colors.

And I still believe in my opinion that we should incorporate our national flag onto our jersey. Listen, a lot of nations have either blue, red, white, or all of those colors as their national colors. Our stars and stripes is our unique identity and easily recognized as being American. Thats why I would like to see it on our jerseys in some small way WITHOUT making the shirt too loud.

ie: a white-based shirt. have 3 red bar stripes running horizontally at mid-chest, or set at upper chest. Have 3 or more small blue stars running down both sleeves from shoulder to the end of the sleeve. Then white shorts. Blue Socks. That would be too fresh!! But then again, it would cost Nike much more money if it were to make a unique jersey for every nation. And thats the ultimate decision, cost. With that being said, I wish our jerseys were sponsored by Umbro or Addidas. They have better designs.

:patriot:

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Thats it Ice! 10 bucks thats what we will be wearing except in "our version" with our colors.

And I still believe in my opinion that we should incorporate our national flag onto our jersey. Listen, a lot of nations have either blue, red, white, or all of those colors as their national colors. Our stars and stripes is our unique identity and easily recognized as being American. Thats why I would like to see it on our jerseys in some small way WITHOUT making the shirt too loud.

ie: a white-based shirt. have 3 red bar stripes running horizontally at mid-chest, or set at upper chest. Have 3 or more small blue stars running down both sleeves from shoulder to the end of the sleeve. Then white shorts. Blue Socks. That would be too fresh!! But then again, it would cost Nike much more money if it were to make a unique jersey for every nation. And thats the ultimate decision, cost. With that being said, I wish our jerseys were sponsored by Umbro or Addidas. They have better designs.

:patriot:

We already have stars and stripes in our crest. It would look really bad if they were on the sleeves or anywhere else. You can't put any stars outside of the crest because stars represent winning a World Cup, and we haven't won any.

I agree with Ice. Stars and Stripes on a jersey would be nasty. I really enjoyed the 00-02 jerseys everyone had. Although they were all similar it was fresh. All Adida ones looked good all Nike ones looked good. Just depended which company you signed with for your jerseys. Argentina and USA had hott home and away jerseys..I own them both and will always wear them. IMO they are the best jerseys.

Holland 2
USA 1

Holland is just simply more talented than us. I think the USA will probably take this match more seriously but Holland will put in just enough effort to win.

Holland may have more talent, but that does not mean Jack sh*t. After the WC, Brazil played Chin and tied 0-0...couldn't even score and they had Ronaldo. BTW, Holland did not even make the WC with all their "talent".

Woah, I just took a look at Holland's squad list that's posted above, and if the best players on that Dutch squad actually play a good amount of time... I think I'll have to reconsider my score prediction.

USA - doomed
Holland - chillin'

The only other player I don't see on that list who's considered a top Dutch player is Kluivert who plays for Barcelona. And even Bergkamp who plays for Arsenal London, he's not washed up just yet. Although he retired from international soccer, he's still doing damage with 1st place Arse as a starting striker.

USA loses 1-0. No offense what so ever by our squad. Very poor performance by the offense, noone attacked enough. Defense did well...props to Hejduk, Gibbs, Keller and the rest of the defense. Next game for USA is agains Haiti in a friendly here in South Florida :). Ill try to go. BTW, the jerseys did not look that bad on TV. Looked much better actually.

Hejduk ****ing sucks. He is the reason that we lost.

Gibbs and Keller had pretty good games though. I can't believe that Convey couldn't equalize, he had a great chance.

Back
Top Bottom