Holland vs. USA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland vs. USA

Hejduk sucks.
Donovan is over-rated.
Beasely is over-rated.
Convey is under-rated.
Reyna, God Bless you, you still have some juice.

McBride and Mathis, YOU FREAKIN BASTARDS let me down in such huge game for us.

... with that being said, USA played a great game in the 1st half and a horrible game in the 2nd half, with its first shot on goal and first cornerkick coming in the last 5 minutes of the game. I was pretty impressed with their flow in the 1st half, but will somebody tell them to FINISH AN ATTACK. Or at least, can someone tell them TO ATTACK. I hope this doesn't mean that USA national team is still breeding players that "get the gitters" when playing on the big stage. Our teams needs to have the mentality that we Americans have when it comes to everything else in the world - WE ARE GOING TO WIN.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Hejduk sucks.
Donovan is over-rated.
Beasely is over-rated.
Convey is under-rated.

... with that being said, USA played a great game in the 1st half and a horrible game in the 2nd half, with its first shot on goal and first cornerkick coming in the last 5 minutes of the game. I was pretty impressed with their flow in the 1st half, but will somebody tell them to FINISH AN ATTACK. Or at least, can someone tell them TO ATTACK. I hope this doesn't mean that USA national team is still breeding players that "get the gitters" when playing on the big stage. Our teams needs to have the mentality that we Americans have when it comes to everything else in the world - WE ARE GOING TO WIN.

I don't know how you can say that Beasley is overrated. He is the only reason why we got a shot on goal.

Donovan is a striker, and strikers can't do anything if they don't get the ball. He is a very good player.

Convey is still very young. He is developing, but he isn't on the level of Beasley or Donovan yet.

Ice, when you are playing Defensive the whole game how do you expect to win? Someone was bound to make a mistake with our lack of offensive attack. Unfortunately it had to be Hejduk...but either way it was going to be someone one way or another.

Hejduk sucks.
Donovan is over-rated.
Beasely is over-rated.
Convey is under-rated.

Are we talking about the dolphins or the usa? heh

Originally posted by Prime Time
Ice, when you are playing Defensive the whole game how do you expect to win? Someone was bound to make a mistake with our lack of offensive attack. Unfortunately it had to be Hejduk...but either way it was going to be someone one way or another.

Hejduk always makes mistakes because he just isn't good. He was pretty bad today, and he is the reason we lost.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Hejduk always makes mistakes because he just isn't good. He was pretty bad today, and he is the reason we lost.

Sorry but I don't know how you can put the blame on any one player. If anything if I had to blame one person, I would blame the head coach Bruce Arena. And as a matter of fact, if I was his boss I would start to consider giving him the boot. Arena has done a lot for the team but it appears he thinks a friendly game means World Cup semi-finals "so go out there and play for an 0-0 penalty kicks". What was he thinking with his strictly defensive-minded startegy for this game? This was a FRIENDLY with the #4 ranked country in the World... ATTACK, explore, push the offense, try new things to see what WE can do against a strong team. Instead Arena AGAIN (Denmark, last game) decided to sit back on his defensive "American Wall." Then what's the point of playing?

BTW, I heard the Dutch coach was freakin pissed after the game about USA's consertive game. He said something like he wished they would have played against Germany who have more "prestige and enthusiam". He said the U.S defense made it difficult for anything to happen. And I agree with him. We were downright boring just like our last game. I'm only hoping Poland doesn't cancel our next friendly in Europe due to our dullness in freakin friendlies.

As for the players: Donovan was completely non-exist in this game. He proved himself in MLS, but these are the big boys, and I don't see his consistency to hang. Beasly got one shot to the goal late in the game, I'm certainly NOT going to brag about one blocked shot. I saw him complain more than prove (as usual). Hejduk looked like he was on acid. McBride and Mathis didn't create anything. Convey was hustling, controlling the ball past defenders, creating opportunities, and had one shot on goal, but yes he and all the others could have played better. The other guys that played well were Gibbs, Reyna, Keller. Boca and Berhalter were mediocre. Thats my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry but I don't know how you can put the blame on any one player. If anything if I had to blame one person, I would blame the head coach Bruce Arena. And as a matter of fact, if I was his boss I would start to consider giving him the boot. Arena has done a lot for the team but it appears he thinks a friendly game means World Cup semi-finals "so go out there and play for an 0-0 penalty kicks". What was he thinking with his strictly defensive-minded startegy for this game? This was a FRIENDLY with the #4 ranked country in the World... ATTACK, explore, push the offense, try new things to see what WE can do against a strong team. Instead Arena AGAIN (Denmark, last game) decided to sit back on his defensive "American Wall." Then what's the point of playing?

BTW, I heard the Dutch coach was freakin pissed after the game about USA's consertive game. He said something like he wished they would have played against Germany who have more "prestige and enthusiam". He said the U.S defense made it difficult for anything to happen. And I agree with him. We were downright boring just like our last game. I'm only hoping Poland doesn't cancel our next friendly in Europe due to our dullness in freakin friendlies.

I would definitely not fire Arena. He has done a lot for US soccer and he is a very good coach. His defensive-minded strategy in this game was smart because Holland, who have a lot of offensive firepower, only scored one goal on us, and we had a bunch of chances to equalize. I think we should be more aggressive, but they are clearly more talented than us and the scoreline was pretty close. I think we should use friendlies to try new things out, so I agree with you to a degree, but I think our tactics were best considering the talent we have and the talent our opponents have.

Kluivert, not that is an overrated player if I ever saw one.

All that potential and never became the world class player he could have been.

Back
Top Bottom