Holmgren Singles Out Miami CB's At Meeting For Reinforcement Of P.I Calls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holmgren Singles Out Miami CB's At Meeting For Reinforcement Of P.I Calls

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Miami CB's Pissed Off At Holmgren

Wow. Holmgren has just guaranteed his offense a PO'd Miami defense when these 2 teams meet on Nov. 21.

I'm going to try to make this game. Probably won't.

What was this coach thinking>? He singles out MAdison and Surtain at the meetings as being "able to call a penalty on them every play".

Is he that afraid?? Of the meeting between these 2 teams??

I can tell you this, this is a HORRIBLE thing for Miami's DB's. They now have a target on their backs for the entire season by the referees. They have been singled out.

Holmgren is a jerk-off. He couldn't of singled out the Patriots??

I like when the refs let the boys play and they usually do come playoff time. The Pats were big time holding Colt receivers though. I don't think it would have made much difference though. The Pats are better than the Colts anyways.

He is trying to pull a Phil Jackson of the Lakers here. Jackson is a master at getting the refs to see things the way he does. Now, with the new penalty system for over aggresive corners, Holmgren can piss and moan every single time a receiver gets jammed. I think this goes to show you what tandem of DB's he fears the most this upcoming season as well.

Hmmm, let's see:

Surtain > Jackson
Madison > K-Rob(way too inconsistent)
Howard > Ingram

Surtain > Taylor
Madison < Trufant(2004-2005 IMO)
Howard > Lucas

Qouted from Herald:

At the NFL owners meetings in Palm Beach, when the league outlined how much more stringently the rules will be enforced, Holmgren pointed the Dolphins as a prime example of why the league needed to adjust.

''Miami their defense the last few years, you could call holding almost every play,'' Holmgren said. ``But it's how their taught and they are very good at it and very effective.''

It could be taken as a compliment...Holmgren, an offense-minded coach who is on the competition commitee, was trying to look at ways to increase the scoring, as defenses have been able to shut most down lately. This is a normal rule change/rule emphasis that we see each year based on how they think the game is going. He singled out Miami, because we have one of, if not the best pair of CBs in the league...He could have named his two CBs as well, or the NE CBs or whoever...Defenses have found that the press coverage works well against the West Coast offense (like Seattle, GB, Ravens, etc). If the enforcement of these rules change, the coaches will find another way to retard the offenses. Maybe the 4-3 is the way to go, I don't know. I just hope and we all have to hope that they call the game the same on both sides of the ball and the same for all teams. IMHO, NE has been getting away with excessive contact for 3 years....Madison was hit in 2002 real hard with penalties. He backed off a little which could explain why his skills seemed to digress a little ?? I don't have a problem with them emphasizing the rule, but call it the same for everyone...that is one of the points that Surtain was trying to make.

Holmgren is on the competetion commitee? That explains it right there. All those coaches lobby for whatever rules help their situation the most. We should know. Shula did it for years.

One of my good friends is a Fleahawk fan. I emailed him the article to show him how much of a P*SSY Holmgren is

The Dolphins are getting singled out because our press coverage has been very successful over the past few years. Other teams do use press coverage, but Miami's secondary has been very good the past few years, so that is why we got singled out. I bet our CBs will definitely be fired up for the Seahawks game after those comments.

:fatman: Holmgren needs to worry more about all those chins he's getting. Fat piece of shet!

Back
Top Bottom