Holmgren Singles Out Miami CB's At Meeting For Reinforcement Of P.I Calls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holmgren Singles Out Miami CB's At Meeting For Reinforcement Of P.I Calls

This is actually old news. He said it to the NFL Network during an interview from the Owners Meeting down in Florida. They broadcast it that night.

The "muggings" were on a national spotlight during the New England/Indianapolis game. CB's have been getting away with "feeling" their way down the field for quite some time now. It's not part of the game so why allow it?

Holgren used Miami as an example simply because of duo that the team possesses. Everyone knows that they are the best tandem at what they do.

It's exactly why Jamar Fletcher couldn't cut it here. No mystery.

Personally, I think Madison and Surtian should have kept their mouths shut. I would much rather have their play be used as an F U rather than words. However, if they tlak trash and own Seattle anyway, all the much sweeter! :lol:

I don't think our corners hold anymore than any others, but I suspect we might need to rethink our scheme if they are going to penalize teams for press coverage.

yeah but thats how the Pats win by cheating their o-line holds and their DBs hold

ZOD said:
This is actually old news. He said it to the NFL Network during an interview from the Owners Meeting down in Florida. They broadcast it that night.

The "muggings" were on a national spotlight during the New England/Indianapolis game. CB's have been getting away with "feeling" their way down the field for quite some time now. It's not part of the game so why allow it?

Holgren used Miami as an example simply because of duo that the team possesses. Everyone knows that they are the best tandem at what they do.

It's exactly why Jamar Fletcher couldn't cut it here. No mystery.

the sad thing is Fletcher will probably be the best DB the Chargers have which is very sad :cry:

Samphin said:
He is trying to pull a Phil Jackson of the Lakers here. Jackson is a master at getting the refs to see things the way he does. Now, with the new penalty system for over aggresive corners, Holmgren can piss and moan every single time a receiver gets jammed. I think this goes to show you what tandem of DB's he fears the most this upcoming season as well.

Bingo. That's exactly what he's doing. It's entirely possible that the refs will call defensive holding/illegal hands tight for the first couple games and then forget about it. It wouldn't be the first time. Holmgren figures that's a possibility, and he wants to make sure it's in the refs' heads.

That said, I'm not terribly worried about this rule change. Mad Dog and Surtain are good enough corners that they'll adapt quickly. I'm sure the DB coach will be harping on this in practices.

Back
Top Bottom