Hooker? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hooker?

So this has got nothing to do with ladies of the night or rugby then?
This thread is sooooo depressing

With all the talk about Brady and other quarterbacks coming to Miami I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone else had noticed this guy - could be our next QB3 behind Skylar (Teddy will be gone):

Meh not a bad option. Would definitely target McKee way before Hooker. He us a much more typical NFL QB with much bigger upside to me. But I also believe once the scouting really starts he will go up draft boards to the 1st. A lot have him 2nd and 3rd now but don't think he will be there.

Likely a 1st round pick and Miami won't select until later in the 2nd round. Hooker is not being drafted as a potential 3rd stringer. And if you're putting him behind Skylar Thompson than that tells me all I need to know.
You know he's 26 by draft day, right? He won't go in the 1st round. Also, he may move up the depth chart quickly... but most new players start behind an incumbent. Even Marino and, more recently, Mahomes waited their turn.

I wouldn’t be against taking him if he dropped enough. I am surprised he is coming out after the ACL injury.

Likely a 1st round pick and Miami won't select until later in the 2nd round. Hooker is not being drafted as a potential 3rd stringer. And if you're putting him behind Skylar Thompson than that tells me all I need to know.

No chance he goes in the 1st. Likely 3rd or 4th and even that’s a stretch. No one wants a developmental qb that’ll be 30 when their rookie contract ends.

Next season Hill is 29 years old.

We do not have the patience to wait for a rookie QB to develop. If we go the rookie QB developmental route then that will be in 2024 after another injury riddled season from Tua (if so). Doesn’t make sense in 2023 with the limited resources we have to spend a high pick/trade multiple picks to move up for a developmental QB.

Keep Tua. Get better backups. Bridgewater and Skylar both suck. Re-evaluate QB after next season.

Brady, Rodgers, Jimmy G., etc. are all STUPID moves but we are a stupid franchise with a stupid owner (hopefully he dies this offseason) and a stupid GM, so who knows. I get drafting a developmental type QB prospect in the mid rounds, but would not spend our highest pick on one or trade up for one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom