How About Ogunleye For A Pro Bowl Guard? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How About Ogunleye For A Pro Bowl Guard?

You Must Play Madden!!

All this fantasy trade talk just cracks me up! In the NFL, trades are rare it's not like the NHL,NBA or MLB!! A team is not gonna pull one of their best guards,tackles,wide receiver or running back or anything to deal for Ogunleye or picks this late in camp. Every team is doing their best to get a team compiled of their best players. In Madden you can trade like it's the stock market but here back in reality, the NFL it JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN!! Forget about it! We have to win with what we got!!! :shakeno:

that is definetly true camp trades a few and far between..most teams wont budge from what they got unless its free agent moves

miamirw said:
I want to keep Ogunleye. I agree. I'm just saying, if he doesn't come to terms by Sept. 12th, his value diminishes exponentially. We face the prospect of getting him for 6 games and that's it.

In that scenario, I'd use Ogunleye to build the future Oline of our team.

BTW, here's a list of possible high level guards:

1. Alan Faneca
2. Will Shields
3. Chris Naeoli
4. Erich Steinbach
5. Ed Mulitalo
6. Steve Hutchinson
7. Marco Rivera

We could probably pull another player out of teams with #4-#7.

Hope we get Ogun signed, but we better get something for him if it gets down to the end.

I hope that list isn't in order of who you think is the best, because Steve Hutchinson is better than the 5 guys you put above him. He was first team all-pro for christ's sake....why on earth would they give up one of the 3 best interior lineman in the game who is still early in his prime. He has a chance to be really great.

No one is going to give up a pro-bowl guard for a DE who has only had one big year and wants to be paid like he's the best ever. It just doesn't make any sense. Sure, O-gun is a really good player but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that he benefits from having the best DE in the game on the other end of the line. I don't think his trade value is nearly as high as most people here think...if it was, he wouldn't still be here.

Back
Top Bottom